Home

Fight Night Round 4 Announced, Mike Tyson Featured

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 Announced, Mike Tyson Featured within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: EA Sports Announces Fight Night: Round 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
He had lost key elements in his life (training staff) that had kept himn straight outside the ring and his fundamentals sharp in the ring. To put it quite simply, his focus and his training were never the same after prison.
His defeat at the hands of Buster Douglas and his inability to avenge that loss doesn't mar his 80's stampede-it obscures it.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:51 PM   #74
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Fight Night Round 4 Announced, Mike Tyson Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
That's enough. I thought an old George Foreman would have given Mike fits. That's a heavy statement considering some Tyson fans discredit a young murderous Foreman when they make a case that Ali's opponents were not that good.

Actually, Old Foreman wanted to fight him, really bad. There was even a Ring Cover promoting it (or maybe large article, been awhile). But Mike wouldn't do it (surprise). And when Old George wanted to fight you, that means quite a bit. This is coming from the guy who had one of the most crafted and strategized careers (his second one) I have ever seen. Every opponent was totally handpicked. And one of the funniest boxing moments is when they handpicked Tommy Morrison and Tommy fought when one the best fights I have ever seen and stayed discipline for 12 straight rounds and totally dawged George.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:49 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
Actually, Old Foreman wanted to fight him, really bad. There was even a Ring Cover promoting it (or maybe large article, been awhile).
Good memory. From November 1990
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2008, 03:53 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

As far back as May of 1988.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:58 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Off the subject, but one of my favorite photos on the cover of Ring. Not because Morrison lost but because of it's Marciano-Walcott effect.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:56 AM   #78
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: EA Sports Announces Fight Night: Round 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Forget Little Mac, get Glass Joe in there!

P.S. I had a higschool buddy that used to get his butt handed to him by Joe all the time. Hahaha!
ha oh man, how could anyone lose to Glass Joe? He was the biggest tomato can in videogame history

they need Mr. Sandman!
Old 05-16-2008, 03:07 AM   #79
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Those covers are classic. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened to Morrison's career if Mercer didn't catch him. That was one of the most messed up fights I have ever seen and it is one of the first fights I show people at the house when we go through fights. Morrison was winning pretty easily, got hit flush, and then his body got caught on the ropes...plus the combination of a sleeping ref...and he just got drilled. It was the worst beating I have ever seen. Part of me thinks Mercer was a sadistic SOB for not stopping. I have seen many fighters pull up and stop. He knew...but didn't care.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:35 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
Those covers are classic. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened to Morrison's career if Mercer didn't catch him. That was one of the most messed up fights I have ever seen and it is one of the first fights I show people at the house when we go through fights. Morrison was winning pretty easily, got hit flush, and then his body got caught on the ropes...plus the combination of a sleeping ref...and he just got drilled. It was the worst beating I have ever seen. Part of me thinks Mercer was a sadistic SOB for not stopping. I have seen many fighters pull up and stop. He knew...but didn't care.
that series of punches was very brutal and mercer would have kept going if the ref hadn't stepped in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »