Home

A Look Ahead to NCAA Football 2010

This is a discussion on A Look Ahead to NCAA Football 2010 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2008, 02:33 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 9
NCAA 2010
1. Continual improvement of the gameplay, fluidity, transition, and realism of user controlled plays. This is by far to me the most important aspect of the game.
2. Post season All-Star games. If Playstation ONE could do it, current gen can.
3. All FCS teams.
4. All alternate uniforms with sliders for helmets, jerseys, pants, socks, and shoes to make any uniform combo available to all teams who have them.
5. All real life stadiums with upgrades. Google Earth and GPS are widely used and available to practically everybody these days.
6. Real life endzone artwork for bowl games. Playstation ONE!!!! had it!
7. Real life stadiums and uniform bowl patches for the bowl games. And for the first time, make the bowl game atmosphere in the stadium closely mimic that of a real life bowl game. Every year in the game the stadium only comes to life for whatever team is wearing the home jerseys, the other team is practically playing a road game with no love. Bowl games in real life have a better split (not always 50-50 with some teams close to home and others who travel well anywhere, but definitely not the home jersey wearing team getting all the crowd noise, pump up the crowd feature, band playing, team chants, and electricity with the road jersey wearing team having one little corner of fans with no band, no way to pump up their crowd, and crickets and golf clapping when the make a big play.
8. Ability to have multiple sets of duplicate numbers for every team, provided there is an automatic prompt on the substitution menu that disallows the same number twice on the field at the same time. Once in a blue moon EA will have one set of duplicates for some teams, but even then the number will be on the wrong player and some 4th string chump will get a ballas #.
9. Must have a dynamic, brand new, opening sequence to every game. New and dynamic pregame analysis by Corso & Herbstreit, realistic stadium pregame atmospheres (anyone who has ever been to a college football game knows how awesome this part is), realistic team entrances, players to watch with shots of them warming up with stats--last gen stuff.
10. New dynamic postgame presentation. Right now there isn't any at all. But in the future give us stuff like:
-home crowd rushing the field for a huge win or upset of high ranked team
-home team having big celebration on the field
-visiting team running over to the visiting section to celebrate with their fans (happens all the time)
-visitng team taunting the home crowd after a win and/or stomping on home teams midfield logo.
-The Gatorade bath (last gen stuff)
-(All NCAA football vets will agree in unison to this request) anything new other than the 5 year recycled last gen yippie-hooray jump to midfield fists go up in victory, captains of both teams "good game" congratulatory handshake, and the "Agony of Defeat" losing quarterback down on one knee head in his hand moment of futility.
11. Package player subs for each formation.
12. All real life bowl trophies and individual awards, if possible.
13. More variety to player customization. Dreads of different sizes, more sweatband combos, more shoe selection, ect.
I could go to 100 if I felt like it, but these are the one that stand out for 2010
Old 06-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 9
For the love of Christmas, how could I forget the most important post game feature: TEARING DOWN THE GOAL POSTS!!!!!!!! I now the NCAA and Myles "Party like it's 1859" Brand would frown on such a poor example of standards being allowed in a NCAA sanctioned game, but come on, we all want that feature (I know first hand what a lamerod Brand is, he was president of the University of Oregon in the late 80's and both my parents worked there). Every future post after this one show your support for tearing down the goal posts being added to NCAA 2010!
Old 06-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #19
Rookie

smithc6's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: A Look Ahead to NCAA Football 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by janglar
For the love of Christmas, how could I forget the most important post game feature: TEARING DOWN THE GOAL POSTS!!!!!!!! I now the NCAA and Myles "Party like it's 1859" Brand would frown on such a poor example of standards being allowed in a NCAA sanctioned game, but come on, we all want that feature (I know first hand what a lamerod Brand is, he was president of the University of Oregon in the late 80's and both my parents worked there). Every future post after this one show your support for tearing down the goal posts being added to NCAA 2010!
I think I read somewhere that it was supposed to be in NCAA 06, but the NCAA made EA take it out because they dont condone such behavior. It will never make it into the game, sorry man. Same reason Rivals stuff wasnt inserted into 07, some stuff the NCAA just wont let EA put in ever...
Old 06-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #20
Banned

ka520's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by janglar
NCAA 2010
1. Continual improvement of the gameplay, fluidity, transition, and realism of user controlled plays. This is by far to me the most important aspect of the game.
2. Post season All-Star games. If Playstation ONE could do it, current gen can.
3. All FCS teams.
4. All alternate uniforms with sliders for helmets, jerseys, pants, socks, and shoes to make any uniform combo available to all teams who have them.
5. All real life stadiums with upgrades. Google Earth and GPS are widely used and available to practically everybody these days.
6. Real life endzone artwork for bowl games. Playstation ONE!!!! had it!
7. Real life stadiums and uniform bowl patches for the bowl games. And for the first time, make the bowl game atmosphere in the stadium closely mimic that of a real life bowl game. Every year in the game the stadium only comes to life for whatever team is wearing the home jerseys, the other team is practically playing a road game with no love. Bowl games in real life have a better split (not always 50-50 with some teams close to home and others who travel well anywhere, but definitely not the home jersey wearing team getting all the crowd noise, pump up the crowd feature, band playing, team chants, and electricity with the road jersey wearing team having one little corner of fans with no band, no way to pump up their crowd, and crickets and golf clapping when the make a big play.
8. Ability to have multiple sets of duplicate numbers for every team, provided there is an automatic prompt on the substitution menu that disallows the same number twice on the field at the same time. Once in a blue moon EA will have one set of duplicates for some teams, but even then the number will be on the wrong player and some 4th string chump will get a ballas #.
9. Must have a dynamic, brand new, opening sequence to every game. New and dynamic pregame analysis by Corso & Herbstreit, realistic stadium pregame atmospheres (anyone who has ever been to a college football game knows how awesome this part is), realistic team entrances, players to watch with shots of them warming up with stats--last gen stuff.
10. New dynamic postgame presentation. Right now there isn't any at all. But in the future give us stuff like:
-home crowd rushing the field for a huge win or upset of high ranked team
-home team having big celebration on the field
-visiting team running over to the visiting section to celebrate with their fans (happens all the time)
-visitng team taunting the home crowd after a win and/or stomping on home teams midfield logo.
-The Gatorade bath (last gen stuff)
-(All NCAA football vets will agree in unison to this request) anything new other than the 5 year recycled last gen yippie-hooray jump to midfield fists go up in victory, captains of both teams "good game" congratulatory handshake, and the "Agony of Defeat" losing quarterback down on one knee head in his hand moment of futility.
11. Package player subs for each formation.
12. All real life bowl trophies and individual awards, if possible.
13. More variety to player customization. Dreads of different sizes, more sweatband combos, more shoe selection, ect.
I could go to 100 if I felt like it, but these are the one that stand out for 2010
Perfect.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #21
Rookie

Dval7's Arena

OVR: 7
i think you are right about the pre-game introductions as far as michigan running out and touchin the go blue banner and coaches talking before the game.....and another thing for pre-game is that they should show them warmin up like they did on the xbox and ps2.......and during the game when you substitute you should be able to see the player running out on the field........in the bowl games they need to bring back the names in the endzone with the colored background to......then when you are editing a player they should have team color visors because they have that in real life, then the flap-jacket should have a option of being able to see it hanging instead of in the jersey all the time.....then after the game is over the broadcasters should show highlights of the game...they should bring back the running style of the old madden because they still run funny.......and if possible they should have fanz storming the field like when ohio state beats michigan at the horse-shoe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2008, 06:55 PM   #22
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Me myself ,I would I love to see multi injuries happening in the game.Were one guy lays the hit stick down but hurts himself by trying put other player out the game.This could cause season ending as well as career ending seasons for both,Or for one and other is just out a few weeks from the injuries he my have suffer.I also would like to see this injuries keep in every players profiles letting us know when the injuries happen,And however long that player was out,And the team he was playing when the injury happen.These injury profiles should follow each player over to the madden2010 next years game.The reason for this is to be able to know if players are injury prone or not when you are on the clock at draft time.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #23
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

What, no mullets?!
Old 06-09-2008, 07:02 PM   #24
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Great article.

Never to early to start thinking about the next installment, especially when the one forth-coming is already done.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »