Home

Top 10 New Features in Madden NFL 09 Part Two

This is a discussion on Top 10 New Features in Madden NFL 09 Part Two within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Top 10 New Features in Madden NFL 09 Part Two

Rob Fetter checks in today with a look at #5-#1 new features in Madden NFL 09 this year. Check out his article, Top 10 New Features in Madden NFL 09 Part Two.
Quote:
"Formation specific audible will give you the opportunity to take audibles to the next level. Each play you get to confidently walk up to the line to get a look at the defense knowing that if you don’t like the play you’ve called you now have six plays to quickly and quietly adjust to, with your opponent being none the wiser."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP / NDS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2008, 02:54 PM   #2
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Top 10 New Features in Madden NFL 09 Part Two

Really? That's number one? Wow. I do not agree.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:54 PM   #3
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
In my opinion, presentation should not be #1 on the list I mean they read this and I think the very thing we dont want is EA to be content with the presentation of their game. It is still well behind where it should be.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:59 PM   #4
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37
So much for #1. Ians full game video showed presentation that can kindly be described as 'painfully dull'.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

LOL!...........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44
I'd love to hear some constructive things about why or why not. Just saying "wrong!" isn't a very good comment.

And honestly I don't think this would in some way give EA a free pass. This list is based on what EA has told us, not a review of what they actually deliver.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:02 PM   #7
Rookie

t216's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
In my opinion, presentation should not be #1 on the list I mean they read this and I think the very thing we dont want is EA to be content with the presentation of their game. It is still well behind where it should be.
I agree. For years, this has never been their strength. They've got everything, resources and exclusive deals. Now is the time to be utilizing them. I repeat, there shouldn't be any excuses. The least I want is a sub par game. I'm looking forward to this game.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:34 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlyGilmore
I'd love to hear some constructive things about why or why not. Just saying "wrong!" isn't a very good comment.

And honestly I don't think this would in some way give EA a free pass. This list is based on what EA has told us, not a review of what they actually deliver.
Presentation is improved, no doubt, but it's still nowhere near other next-gen sports games (The Show, NBA2k8, College Hoops2k8, etc...) or a five-year old game (NFL2k5).

Frankly, of all the new features, I think we're applauding EA for being 3/4 as good as other next-gen sports games.

Madden should be held to a higher standard, but it's the king of video sports games sales wise ... and I'm guessing Tiburon has a bigger budget for Madden than every other sports videogame on the market (though to be fair, that's only a guess).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »