Home

Top 10 New Features in Madden NFL 09 Part Two

This is a discussion on Top 10 New Features in Madden NFL 09 Part Two within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #17
Rookie

madmastermind's Arena

OVR: 2
All 10 features are solid. I'm not so much interested in the order of these features, but rather them being in the game at all.

Nice read -
Old 06-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 7
Totally disagree with presentation being the biggest improvement especially after seeing the videos so far. There has been improvement yes but not the significant jump I think consumers were hoping for. Where are the player interviews and more enhanced halftime/post game shows. Also, to be honest the game still appears to have a boring feel to it. However, the commentary particularly with Collinsworth is a step in the right direction.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:05 AM   #19
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53
No branching out of tackles?
Old 06-17-2008, 04:21 AM   #20
All Star

OVR: 33
ordering these things are just a matter of preference. For example #1 being presentation. Some people don't like a tv broadcast presentation but more of a gaming one.

like a previous poster. Just happy these 'features' are in Madden. Don't care about the ordering.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:48 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3
I heard so much complaining (rightfully so) about the fumbling and interceptions (for me esp the AI QB), yet it's nowhere on the list. That's the #1 thing imo, unless it just means that it's not fixed. I hated the fact if you played a normal length game (~60 plays per team) that I'd routinely see 10+ turnovers for the game (about 2 to 1 on the computers side). It made the game unplayable for me and many of my friends who bought it. I don't see it talked about on dev blogs or anywhere else. I just see a lot of gameplay vids where it's on rookie mode and the user is cheesing like there's an achievement for it (I guess there are indirectly).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2008, 08:08 AM   #22
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12
I played several seasons last year, and turnovers were realistic. So this was not a problem for all.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:12 AM   #23
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20
I didnt even know all these features were in the game. I am intrigued by the adaptive AI.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:27 PM   #24
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Top 10 New Features in Madden NFL 09 Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
Presentation is improved, no doubt, but it's still nowhere near other next-gen sports games (The Show, NBA2k8, College Hoops2k8, etc...) or a five-year old game (NFL2k5).

Frankly, of all the new features, I think we're applauding EA for being 3/4 as good as other next-gen sports games.

Madden should be held to a higher standard, but it's the king of video sports games sales wise ... and I'm guessing Tiburon has a bigger budget for Madden than every other sports videogame on the market (though to be fair, that's only a guess).
QFT

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »