Home

EA Focused Once Again on Visuals And Atmosphere

This is a discussion on EA Focused Once Again on Visuals And Atmosphere within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
EA Focused Once Again on Visuals And Atmosphere

With just 6 days left until NCAA Football 09 drops onto store shelves, Patrick Williams checks in with an article discussing how EA is focused once again on visuals and atmosphere. Check out his article and be sure to leave feedback on whether you think EA's focus is sound!

Quote:
"It is no secret that EA has heard the consumers' cries for more atmosphere in games. Atmosphere is a word I have typed numerous times when referring to titles such as Madden, NCAA and NHL 0, and it is something that adds so much to the gaming experience."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
does anyone know if the season opening game between illionis and missouri will be played @ a neutral site in ncaa 09 like it is in real life or will it be that same crap as last year with the game being played @ mizzou?
Old 07-08-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: EA Focused Once Again on Visuals And Atmosphere

I don't see that big of a difference with Visual and Atmosphere from last years version. Yeah the lighting, grass and player models look better but that's about it.

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 07-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 25

I could care less if the visuals are almost real. I want a fun playing football game again. Madden/NCAA on last gen was solid, not because of top notch graphics or atmosphere, but because the game felt right. And in the end, that's the most important thing to a video game.

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets
Old 07-08-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiesto
I don't see that big of a difference with Visual and Atmosphere from last years version. Yeah the lighting, grass and player models look better but that's about it.
Don't forget about the most important things, cheerleaders and mascots, because who cares about refs and chain gangs as long as I can celebrate with my mascot (which would probably be a 15 yard penalty in real life, not to mention I've never seen anyone celebrate with the mascot) EA is seriously missing the mark with their games. I'm really hoping for the hopeless people that buy this game every year regardless, that 2010 will be the year in which I will actually get next-gen because it is truly NEXT GEN. Bring back everything from the PS2 and start adding from there, that is NEXT GEN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2008, 03:34 PM   #6
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
the weather in Madden is as good as ever.

Until then we will miss the days of rain changing to snow in Madden, and dry conditions at the start ending up in a muddy mess
Im confused.....
Old 07-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #7
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettoshark
I could care less if the visuals are almost real. I want a fun playing football game again. Madden/NCAA on last gen was solid, not because of top notch graphics or atmosphere, but because the game felt right. And in the end, that's the most important thing to a video game.
I think this is something most of us are hoping for. Hopefully we see the fun factor back this year...if nothing else.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
Im confused.....
Sorry that's my bad, it should be cleared up now. There was some relatively heavy editing of this article and so it was kind of put back together and that was an inconsistency I still missed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »