Home

NBA 2K9 Screenshots

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Screenshots within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-20-2008, 10:15 PM   #113
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K9 Screenshots

Dude I'm sorry but 2k9's Iverson looks worlds better than 2k8's...
Old 07-20-2008, 10:25 PM   #114
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickhalloffame
2k8's iverson looks more like iverson versus 2k9's iverson not nba lives. when you look at 2k9's iverson from afar he looks ok, but close up you can see that it definitely needs some work.
a.) I know what you are comparing. This is the only pic I had of 2K8's Iverson. You can compare them to the 2K9 pic yourself.

b.) You can't judge 2K9's "up close" because 2K9's is incomplete. Last year's first wave screens were 60%, and while the 2K9 screens aren't labeled, I guarantee that it's not finished.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:50 PM   #115
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

just from how bad a lot of faces where last year im betting that every face in 2K9 > 2K8 lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 12:01 AM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
a.) I know what you are comparing. This is the only pic I had of 2K8's Iverson. You can compare them to the 2K9 pic yourself.

b.) You can't judge 2K9's "up close" because 2K9's is incomplete. Last year's first wave screens were 60%, and while the 2K9 screens aren't labeled, I guarantee that it's not finished.
im not comparing it to the up close, like i said 2k9 looks miles ahead of 2k8 when you compare it at that resolution, but when you actually click on the image and zoom in, you can tell that it needs some work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It's become my favorite feature. Although I do miss reading vickhalloffame's posts for his "insight" on the way the world works.

Last edited by realtalktruth; 07-21-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:33 AM   #117
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Here are some HD Shots of Live 08 and 2k8

A tad bit dark my camera sucks.

NBA 2k8 Iverson

NBA Live 08 Iverson

Both show remarkable detail.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:04 AM   #118
MVP

OVR: 11

man, looking at these screen shots lives graphics ARE better, doesn't necessarily mean players from live look like themselves compared to 2k. 2k's game play blows live out of the water though so my point is, whether graphics have improved dramatically or not. i think we all can almost guarantee that 2k's game play and animations will win.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:57 AM   #119
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

It's not really necessary to bring up game play when the topic is on screen shots lol..we all know 2K has better animations..but just from the iverson face 2K9 wins..a lot of players in 2K8 had big *** scary eyes that looked cartoonish up close (mike miller is one that comes to mind) the games graphics overall looked like inside drive instead of a 2K game..and its been that way since 2K7
Old 07-21-2008, 05:10 PM   #120
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickhalloffame
im not comparing it to the up close, like i said 2k9 looks miles ahead of 2k8 when you compare it at that resolution, but when you actually click on the image and zoom in, you can tell that it needs some work.

I guess the texture is a little soft, but I'm sure it will look great in the finished copy. Especially players with facial blemishes, the textures will probably be better. I noticed most players were too dark in 2K8, so we'll see... being softer and lighter, it might look better in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »