Home

NCAA Football 09 (360) Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 (360) Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2008, 09:14 PM   #113
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 09 (360) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 867-5309
Like pissed off gamers who pick out one or two odd plays in a game to make videos of showing off their grievances with the game? Instead of posting the hundred or so normal ones.
If you're talking about videos that show off the poor pursuit, it's not two obscure videos. The pursuit is bad on every play and not relegated to some random anamolly.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:48 PM   #114
Pro

Chodite24's Arena

OVR: 6
I've had the game rented since release and THANK GOD I didn't drop 60 bones for it. I enjoyed it for the first game or two but then began noticing some disturbing trends and bugs that have already caused me to tire of the game. Seriously, who does QA for these games? The same kids who do QA on EA's shooters? What a freakin mess.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #115
Banned

OVR: 4

I'm in the same boat man. I'm not gonna just handover $60 for the same garbage again and again. I haven't played a football game since 2k5 since I haven' felt like any other game has given me what 2k5 did. Has EA finally changed the opening sequence of NCAA, or is the same band and cheerleaders running on the field?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 10:20 PM   #116
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdirty
While you want testers to use "use cases" and testing plans to test software, it also very important to have someone try and "break" the software you develop so you can find and fix bugs. I seriously doubt EA has done this for the next gen systems.
Ummm... no. Our testers have to do the occasional checklist, but they spend most of their time trying to break the game. And they are very successful and we fix the bugs they find. Video games, based on scope, have bugs in the thousands. Take a game like Grand Theft Auto 4.. based on the scope of that game, I would bet they fixed 30 thousand bugs before shipping that game. And no, that isn't an exaggeration.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #117
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Ummm... no. Our testers have to do the occasional checklist, but they spend most of their time trying to break the game. And they are very successful and we fix the bugs they find. Video games, based on scope, have bugs in the thousands. Take a game like Grand Theft Auto 4.. based on the scope of that game, I would bet they fixed 30 thousand bugs before shipping that game. And no, that isn't an exaggeration.
30,000??? Man, I bet the guys at Rockstar were about ready to shoot themselves by the time it was all over! No wonder they delayed that game so long, hell, with that many bugs to fix who can blame them?
Old 07-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #118
MVP

OVR: 11
EA's football titles have frequently been overrated by reviewers since coming to next gen and it's unfortunate to see the OS reviewer doing it as well. The game has potential if it is patched but it simply has too many glaring bugs and gameplay flaws out of the box to rate anywhere near an 8.5. Tiburon needs to start being held accountable for its shoddy quality control by reviewers.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:55 PM   #119
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Seriously though, how do we find glaring problems within minutes of picking up the game. Either the testers don't know football, or they are popping in COD 4 instead of actually testing the game. There are just too many bugs and problems with this release to have any confidence in EA products. I would imagine that this will have a slight impact on opening day Madden sales.

I am just hoping you guys can get this stuff right. Could be a great game if properly addressed.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:33 PM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 0
The graphics and gameplay on the wii version are plain terrible. It makes me wonder just how quickly this game was rushed into production. Then i noticed that while playing with South Carolina, my favorite team, home games should be played in Williams-Brice satdium but somehow they are played in the Miss. St. stadium. I am not sure how EA Sports can't get the satdiums right for all of the major BCS conferences. I mean if they can't get these teams right, how terrible is this game for fans of the smaller schools?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »