Home

NBA 2K9 "Back of the Box" Detailed Information

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 "Back of the Box" Detailed Information within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #73
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA 2K9 "Back of the Box" Detailed Information

Upon further inspection, that back of the box pictures looks fake. Typo; "Prove your one of the best". You think that wouldn't get past someone before shipping out? It only having the 1st batch of pictures that were released to media. KDRE saying he doesn't recall the KG pointing picture..
Old 09-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiracy
i think you guys are going overboard with what hourly updates mean

-it won't be able to create players that weren't already in the game for you

-it won't update ratings

-why would it update injuries? so you can't use a certain player ingame?

-it won't player update hairdos and accessories

it feels like i'm reading the 2k boards with some of the suggestions you guys are tossing out

since 2k is linked with nba.com they can easily track rosters and automatically update them. it has no way of doing any of the things listed above. those things will be added/changed via patches where they have to manually do it.

NOBODY except 2K knows specifically what the updates will and will not cover. I think we all need to slow down a bit and just wait and see.

Not directed towards the above quote, but its amazing how people find things to complain about even in the midst of potentially GREAT news. The fact that 2K has even recognized the lack of roster updates as an issue and is seeking to address that is a POSITIVE thing. Its rediculous how ungrateful some people are.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
If they finally give us good editing options I know I wouldn't care. I wouldn't expect the developer to get everything right. Just give me the option to get it right if I chose to do so
This is how I feel about the draft classes. I boggles my mind that every year in the past it was something terribly wrong with them yet they never allowed us to simply edit the way the looked coming out of CHoops... had they done this all would have been fine, instead they they leave us stuck with alien looking players with orange skin and black **** around their lips.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 5
I think hourly updates mean that they will have a update within a hour of player movement verification. Thats my thought, and that arena music thing was hot for NFL2k5. They did screw up th queue time for nba 2k5. It would be cool if they can add it in and make it work better than 2k5. I think they understood they screwed it up b/c it wasnt in 2k6. In nfl2k5 i actually bought a couple of espn stadium cd's. It worked perfect.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #77
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NEW NBA 2k9 info ( dont say i've never did anything for you lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timotim19
Then I suggest you try to understand where a person is coming from before you go off responding to them. As I said in my first post "custom soundtracks/arena music". From reading the box this game has neither so I cant see your argument either way. However, really dont understand how effective you think arena music will be by just making a playlist on ones PC and streaming it... it would resemble nothing like what you hear in a real arena and would take me completely out of the experience.
You should explain what you're talking about before you get offended. Either way it doesn't matter since you can have your own custom soundtrack by streaming the music and the arena music setup that they last used for the nba series sucked.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 09-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: NEW NBA 2k9 info ( dont say i've never did anything for you lol)

• Styles Upon Styles - New signiture defence styles and more signiture shots, dunks and free throws give you EVEN MORE distinctive player styles.
  • Team 2k - Prove your one of the 10 best online players to earn a spot in the hall of fame, recieve limited edition memorabilia, and get your name in next year's game.
lmao
Old 09-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Styles Upon Styles - New signiture defence styles and more signiture shots, dunks and free throws give you EVEN MORE distinctive player styles.
Does that mean....

Old 09-04-2008, 06:22 PM   #80
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

To be fair, those typos (the "your" aside) were not on the actual box, just in the first post of this thread. No way 2K would release a box with that many errors on it, though I can see how the "your" could slip by. Mis-spelling signature would never slip past.

Still skeptical until we get confirmation from SimBaller, etc. Grainy-looking box art from Australia isn't enough to make me think this is verified.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »