Home

NBA Live 09 Screenshots: Player Faces - Part 1

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Screenshots: Player Faces - Part 1 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #57
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NBA Live 09 Screenshots: Player Faces - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZDRAVER
Wow, NEVER in a million years would I have thought 2K could out-do Live in graphics. I'm completely astonished!

Yes, the faces are cartoony and often plain scary. But even more than that, the lanky 90 lb. bodies combined to the still awkward animations make this year highly questionable for me. I had HIGH expectations for Live 09, was hyping it up to friends for months and I am honestly pretty let down.

Live had 2K in the perfect spot to finally break ahead. I thought this was going to be Live's year: leader in gameplay, graphics and commentary. But the more I see of this year's offerings, the more it's clear Live truly dropped the ball.

At this point, the only major thing Live has on 2K is commentary.
I did, LIVE has never been better then 2K sports in graphics, EVER. NFL 2k always looked 10x better then Madden, NBA2k has always look better then LIVE. The only game that is looking better 2K is NHL09, thats it.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 10-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #58
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I did, LIVE has never been better then 2K sports in graphics, EVER. NFL 2k always looked 10x better then Madden, NBA2k has always look better then LIVE. The only game that is looking better 2K is NHL09, thats it.
Tell that to bshadows

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 10-01-2008, 03:14 PM   #59
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Tell that to bshadows
I sure will, I respect bshadows greatly, but if he thinks live looks better, then we need to have a talk.....
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 10-01-2008, 03:23 PM   #60
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21
Wow the graphical leader for the past few years, about 90% of the faces or straight horrible lol, I kno deng is from africa but dont make him look like a runaway slave, Rudy gay looks like a clean shaved steve slaton, only good looking player is allen iverson, lebron has this monkey kong nose camby is outtta rehab, i think its mostly pathetic all players have the same nose and mouth pretty much (shape wise)
Old 10-01-2008, 03:25 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever

I can't cosign on that. 2K animations have always been better - the players models/still shots..... not so much. Back when we had more than 2 baseball games - MVP looked better...and the Show looks better now. NFL 2K was a push (at best)...while Madden players looked like they were on roids...2K players looked lanky at times with a lower res count. We can agree to disagree on NBA Live..because while in motion I think NO sports game looks better than NBA2K - the still shots are not the all that. *shrugs* I'm just sayin....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 03:25 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 4

^^^I agree with you, Glenn. But this is the first year where the still shots of 2K are far better than Live's.

I just can't believe how badly these Live shots look. To have big stars like Lebron leave the studio like that!

His swollen cartoony face looks like he came out of a UFC fight produced by Pixar.

Live 09:

2K9:

All of Live's players have WAY too big of heads and far to skinny bodies and limbs. I can't believe this is even real. EA, what gives?????

Last edited by RIZDRAVER; 10-01-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:25 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
Ummm - no disrespect - but you are just now converting to 2K? What have you been playing the last 3 years? If you stuck with NBA Live through all that (and it was bad - real bad) - I am surprised this has put you over the edge.
sorry boss, i couldn't respond earlier because i was in class. and to answer your question, i have been playing nba 2k prolly since 2k7 when i first got a 360. now that i have a ps3 i got nba live 08 but it stunk so bad in terms of how the games is played, the menus were slow, the players didnt seem lifelike. I told myself that if live 09 was anything like this(Live 08) i would juss stop purchasing live until the did something better. growing up all I played was live ands to see this, these pics, playing the demo....I'm not convinced, the gameplay is still lagging behind 2k. for me its bittersweet but I have been playing 2k since 2k7. and i cannot wait for nfl 2k to come back because madden is no better. these are next gen systems, who the hell does EA have doing these games???? why the hell are these games not good??? I don't get it, I mean WTF does EA do all year long, that NBA 365 crap, no body cares if EA updates their hot streaks because you should be able to update players on your own anyway. oh wait, EA took that away too in Live 08. maybe Im a little pick, but im sick and tired of this crap that EA has been sellin me, I want a game that plays as close to rel life and NBA 2K gives me that.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:26 PM   #64
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

That's his opinion man. I happen to think they both look good and bad in spots.

Live in motion on the screen looks way better than those screenshots and you know it.

2K likely does too. Both games have some faces that look like turds. Neither of those Kobe's are THAT spot on, and then some faces are really well done.

Its all opinion and subjectiveness. Then some of them are just downright scary like that Dirk, and 2ks Chris Bosh looks like a burnt Buta Rhymes with afro dreads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »