Home

MotoGP 08 Trailer

This is a discussion on MotoGP 08 Trailer within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2008, 12:37 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: MotoGP 08 Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
Interesting. I didn't know that Milestone was also developing MotoGP '08. Makes me feel better about the game. Thanks for the link, mercalnd.

Kruza
No problem. I just realized that SBK is actually out in Europe. So if you have a PS3 you could get the Euro version.

GameRankings has a few scores for MotoGP and they are pretty low. Unfortunately they are from magazines and therefore there is no linked review. I wouldn't be surprised though if were the classic "you need to spend to much time practicing and qualifying" and "the tracks are bland and lack the spectacular environments of other racing games". I swear these are the most common complaints in reviews of racing games based on real life series. The games actually get docked for having realistic tracks and race weekends.

Last edited by mercalnd; 10-27-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:55 PM   #10
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MotoGP 08 Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
No problem. I just realized that SBK is actually out in Europe. So if you have a PS3 you could get the Euro version.

GameRankings has a few scores for MotoGP and they are pretty low. Unfortunately they are from magazines and therefore there is no linked review. I wouldn't be surprised though if were the classic "you need to spend to much time practicing and qualifying" and "the tracks are bland and lack the spectacular environments of other racing games". I swear these are the most common complaints in reviews of racing games based on real life series. The games actually get docked for having realistic tracks and race weekends.
I have to agree with you. Usually the people reviewing the games are NOT bike racing fans and have little to no knowledge of the sport. When you are going 200 MPH who gives a **** what the crowds or the surroundings look like.
I was thinking of ordering SBK on the PS3 but I heard that it may not work on my NTSC PS3. I know PS3 games are region free, but that is what I heard.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »