Home

NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Impressions (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Impressions (Pasta Padre) within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2008, 05:41 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Impressions (Pasta Padre)

Pasta Padre has posted his impressions of the NCAA Basetball 09 demo.

Quote:
"The NCAA Basketball 09 demo came out earlier today marking the release of one of the more important demos we’ll see given the circumstances. In a good move EA included four different teams, the ability to change cameras and difficulty levels, and made it a full eight minute half. Structurally it is one of the best sports game demos ever offered. How the game is being received though seems to be mixed, with some seeing improvement over Live 09 and others actually thinking it is a step back from that.

I’m having issues with the audio in my recordings right now so I’ll attempt to get videos of the demo up when I’ve figured out what the problem is. Until then I wanted to drop some quick impressions from the demo."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2008, 06:14 AM   #2
Pro

biglami's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Impressions (Pasta Padre)

I think I may be buying this game...not 100% sure...but yes the demo is important considering that College Hoops 2K9 is absent...I have not been a fan of any EA games in the last five years, except for, ironically this years Madden (09), so lets hope that EA steps it up in the hoops efforts and make NCAA B-Ball a legit game...

Grafix stink but that is ok...as long as the game feels real I am happy, and it does seem to feel pretty legitmate...

Only issue I see is that every1 is so ambidextrous...for example, I just won a game on a turnaround, fadeaway, left handed jumped by Michael Jordan...he would never shoot lefty, hed shoot righty...left hook on a spinning move in the lane, fine, buyt not a turnaround fallaway jumper...

But overall, I think EA is brilliant for putting Michael and Magic in the demo, knowing that us old guys who like CH 2K wont have a game, and are open to being sucked in to another option for us to get our NCAA B-Ball fix.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglami
I think I may be buying this game...not 100% sure...but yes the demo is important considering that College Hoops 2K9 is absent...I have not been a fan of any EA games in the last five years, except for, ironically this years Madden (09), so lets hope that EA steps it up in the hoops efforts and make NCAA B-Ball a legit game...

Grafix stink but that is ok...as long as the game feels real I am happy, and it does seem to feel pretty legitmate...

Only issue I see is that every1 is so ambidextrous...for example, I just won a game on a turnaround, fadeaway, left handed jumped by Michael Jordan...he would never shoot lefty, hed shoot righty...left hook on a spinning move in the lane, fine, buyt not a turnaround fallaway jumper...

But overall, I think EA is brilliant for putting Michael and Magic in the demo, knowing that us old guys who like CH 2K wont have a game, and are open to being sucked in to another option for us to get our NCAA B-Ball fix.
Actually they were in last years game too they had a lot more classic teams and all time teams in MM08.

But overall they did a good job. I just want to see what teams they are going to put in there now. So I can to my research of editing them.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #4
Pro

biglami's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Actually they were in last years game too they had a lot more classic teams and all time teams in MM08.

But overall they did a good job. I just want to see what teams they are going to put in there now. So I can to my research of editing them.
For sure, for sure...I was just saying, I dont recall Classic Teams ever being in a demo...and being able to run Classic Matchups while I sample a game, that may not be all that gr8 (I think 2K has fallen off in recent years, but NCAA 2K3-2K6 were all stellar IMO), is playing tricks on my mind and making me like the game
Old 11-08-2008, 09:01 PM   #5
Rookie

bases1616's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglami
For sure, for sure...I was just saying, I dont recall Classic Teams ever being in a demo...and being able to run Classic Matchups while I sample a game, that may not be all that gr8 (I think 2K has fallen off in recent years, but NCAA 2K3-2K6 were all stellar IMO), is playing tricks on my mind and making me like the game
NCAA 2K8 was one of the best college basketball games ever and NCAA 09 is definitely an improvement over those crappy March Madness games, but it still does not beat 2K8. 2K you need to get back in the mix next year. I will still probably buy NCAA 09 because I love the college game, but it is not as smooth or polished as Live 09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2008, 01:51 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bases1616
I will still probably buy NCAA 09 because I love the college game, but it is not as smooth or polished as Live 09.
It is NBA Live 09 two or three months later!
Seriously.
The game uses the Live 09 engine and fixes mistakes with that engine.
It is definitely more polished than Live 09.
Not sure why people don't see that.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:49 AM   #7
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bases1616
NCAA 2K8 was one of the best college basketball games ever and NCAA 09 is definitely an improvement over those crappy March Madness games, but it still does not beat 2K8. 2K you need to get back in the mix next year. I will still probably buy NCAA 09 because I love the college game, but it is not as smooth or polished as Live 09.
im going to have disagree this game is 10x more polished then live
Old 11-09-2008, 07:57 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwas676
this game is 10x more polished then live
agree

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »