Home

MLB '09: The Show Preview

This is a discussion on MLB '09: The Show Preview within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2008, 03:53 PM   #113
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB '09: The Show Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetercanoturn2
lol I'm just returning evil for evil Soxfan. I actually respect the redsox to be honest with you. And haha your right we can finally take that Redsox vs Yankees rivalry to whole new level. Can't wait for 09!!!!!!!!!!
lol...I know it. It should be a VERY fun year for any teams with a good rivalry. I can't wait!
Old 12-18-2008, 03:56 PM   #114
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: FIRST MLB 09 PREVIEW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxChamp
Dang, look how real The Show looks this year! Great screenshot!
It looks Ok. The grass doesn't look that great and C.C. looks off too.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:57 PM   #115
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
It looks Ok. The grass doesn't look that great and C.C. looks off too.
I agree. He looks too happy. Must not be the playoffs...lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2008, 04:18 PM   #116
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxChamp
Dang, look how real The Show looks this year! Great screenshot!
Hahahaha...yeah..it looks like they implemented weather this year from the looks of the clouds
Old 12-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #117
MVP

OVR: 20

His arms are too short.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 12-18-2008, 04:33 PM   #118
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo1967
Great info, sounds like we're in store for some amazing stuff from SCEA San Diego next year, I can't wait!!!

I just really don't understand why every year, when I see write ups and reviews of the latest batch of baseball titles, 9 times out of 10 the author feels the need to tell you how much he (or she) dislikes baseball. I am baffled by how unprofessional it is. I never see that in any reviews for other types of sports games (nothing against Golf, but it's a pretty slow moving game, yet even Tiger gets proper respect). Obviously the people that are interested in hearing about the game DO LIKE BASEBALL! The reviewer's job is to give us an overview of the game's details, frankly I don't give a crap about this person's personal feelings about the sport, it's really ridiculous.

Regardless, I was real happy to see some info about the game. December is usually when I start getting excited about the next MLB game, this sure kicked it off with a bang. Can't wait to hear more soon (hopefully).
How could you live in America and not like baseball? I always say that if you don't like baseball, then you don't understand it. Best game ever invented. A thinking man's game, which is why most Americans probably don't like it.

When my students ask me what my favorite sport is, and I tell them baseball, they look at me like I am an alien from another planet. I guess it's a generational thing. It must have been great to grow up back in the day, when every kid in America wanted to be a baseball player when the grew up. There wasn't any other major sport worth playing.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #119
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMavs20
How could you live in America and not like baseball? I always say that if you don't like baseball, then you don't understand it. Best game ever invented. A thinking man's game, which is why most Americans probably don't like it.

When my students ask me what my favorite sport is, and I tell them baseball, they look at me like I am an alien from another planet. I guess it's a generational thing. It must have been great to grow up back in the day, when every kid in America wanted to be a baseball player when the grew up. There wasn't any other major sport worth playing.
People that don't like baseball just don't understand it. Just as you said. It's the same reason I hate soccer, I think. I would rather watch anything.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:39 PM   #120
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
People that don't like baseball just don't understand it. Just as you said. It's the same reason I hate soccer, I think. I would rather watch anything.
No, you hate soccer because you are not gay...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »