Home

MLB '09: The Show Preview with Screenshots (ESPN Videogames)

This is a discussion on MLB '09: The Show Preview with Screenshots (ESPN Videogames) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #97
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MLB '09: The Show Preview with Screenshots (ESPN Videogames)

The first thing I thought of when I read that about the weather is that the crowd will wear shorts and short sleeves on hot summer days, maybe pants and short sleeves on cool to warm nights, and pants and long sleeves in the winter with maybe jackets on?

Regardless, this game looks killer and like everyone else I am foaming at the mouth!

I was hoping for Home Run Derby and some classic stadiums in this year's game. Those wouldn't be too much of a selling point so hopefully they just are mentioned as features yet.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #98
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I am speculating here but I would think if it affected gameplay it would have been mentioned. The first go around could just be eye candy.
thats what I'm thinking. It will only be a visual effect. Honestly, I would prefer it only be a visual effect at first, unless they intend to include rain delays, which lead to rain outs, which lead to double headers.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #99
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
The first thing I thought of when I read that about the weather is that the crowd will wear shorts and short sleeves on hot summer days, maybe pants and short sleeves on cool to warm nights, and pants and long sleeves in the winter with maybe jackets on?

Regardless, this game looks killer and like everyone else I am foaming at the mouth!

I was hoping for Home Run Derby and some classic stadiums in this year's game. Those wouldn't be too much of a selling point so hopefully they just are mentioned as features yet.

I am pretty sure I remember hearing that Home Run Derby will be in this year!
Old 12-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #100
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain

I agree with your assessment of how the "crowd dressing to the weather" will work. What you said is exactly what I'm expecting. Anything more and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Also, I'm with you on the HR Derby and Classic Stadiums. I love playing games in the old fields...ahh, the history of baseball.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-19-2008, 03:29 PM   #101
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Where did that Fenway shot come from (the first one posted in this thread)? All I see in the review is a gallery with 5 screens, and that's not one of them.

Whoops - yes it is, the thumbnail wasn't enough for me to tell at first. Sorry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2008, 03:29 PM   #102
Banned

Every team mascot will also be featured in the game performing their signature moves and dances. Hopefully that means a whole lot of Lou Seal pelvic thrusts when the Dodgers are up to bat against the Giants, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

YES!!!! Looking forward to seeing the best Mascot of all the phillie phanatic!

Last edited by mike75; 12-19-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #103
Banned

OVR: 11

Im pretty sure Mr. Met was voted best mascot of all time...sorry mike75

Mr. Met>Philly Phanatic
Old 12-19-2008, 03:43 PM   #104
Banned

O Crap this is not too good

I just found the feature list for MLB 08 The Show and some of the things on the list are in the 09 version feature list!

From MLB 08 The Show list!

• In-Game MLB Live Scores – Using our new top of the screen Score Bar display, gamers will get updates on what is going on in the Majors. Along with scores and inning, gamers will also see notables, such as HR’s, complete games, etc.

Am I missing something? We do not get In-Game MLB Live Scores during gameplay in 08!

I guess this will be no different for 09

• Multi-Branch Fielding – Branch Point Technology goes to a new level as gamers you can now take full control of fielders and break out of any animation in the process. Change a fielding decision and branch out of any animation after the first branch point. With Branch Point Technology, MLB 08 THE SHOW provides unbelievably smooth, fluid transitions for seamless double plays and relays.

Well I guess this is not new after all! Which means will still may have the same fielding issues as in 07 and 08

See the rest here http://www.sportsgamer.com/forums/ml...t-details.html

Last edited by mike75; 12-19-2008 at 03:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »