Home

NBA Live 09 Patch Released, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Patch Released, Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #121
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA Live 09 Patch Released, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
the patch for online play is awful. The dunk to layup ratio has gone down so much, alleys result in a layup instead of A dunk. Just very poor, and the easy missed layup are killing it! What pro NBA player (besides Jordan Farmar, LOL) will miss 5-7 layup a game?
Watch it now. Talking about a Laker is fighting words
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2008, 11:28 AM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
the patch for online play is awful. The dunk to layup ratio has gone down so much, alleys result in a layup instead of A dunk. Just very poor, and the easy missed layup are killing it! What pro NBA player (besides Jordan Farmar, LOL) will miss 5-7 layup a game?
What do do say,man.
If you try to dunk or layup without anybody near of you the basket is sure 100%.
Now , if you try to dunk or layup between 2 players or infront of 1 or more players the normal sucess is that you miss the shot.
Too , "the layup attempt distance and angle" is very important.

I love L 09.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:50 AM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 5

well i wanted to rent live 09 but i had to buy it used for 45 the code worked. I can't get drawn in as to why everyone from 2k made the switch. I was addicted to 2k9 live i can't seem to play a full game i thought i'd be a better shooter on this game not true i like its better out of the box but i really think after a whole day of playing it i may have to take it back and get my money back. i'm gonna give it a few days tho i kinda like the fact it updates all the time and doesn't need as much tweaking as 2ki think 2k feels more life like but i like how i can hit jumpers and don't have to focus on points in the paint it seems like the stars on 2k really make a difference i noticed i have almost all my players with 10 points by halftime and never get in the 20s with anyone cuz i balance who i shoot with on live. 2k sorta makes me mad when i play the cpu feels like im being cheated im a casual gamer tho

unless u guys can point out to why i should keep both games i only really see the need to own one bball game as i play fifa 09 more then any game in this world

which should i keep tho honest opinions who played both

Last edited by sammogard; 12-13-2008 at 03:21 AM.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #124
MVP

OVR: 14

I like Live cause it is something new. I still love 2k9 but after playing 2K Year after year i just needed something else to play. After having the game for 6 days live is more fun IMO. I look forward to playing it. 2k is well 2k a great game but just seems like i been playing that game for the last few years.
I like both and will play both.

But only have one problem for 2k9.When i play live and pop in 2k9 I seems like the court is SMALL.Like all the players are bunch up.

PSN Brandon26ms
Old 12-19-2008, 11:00 AM   #125
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by babythug23
I like Live cause it is something new. I still love 2k9 but after playing 2K Year after year i just needed something else to play. After having the game for 6 days live is more fun IMO. I look forward to playing it. 2k is well 2k a great game but just seems like i been playing that game for the last few years.
I like both and will play both.

But only have one problem for 2k9.When i play live and pop in 2k9 I seems like the court is SMALL.Like all the players are bunch up.
I totally agree, especially about the court. Even with Lives flaws, I just love the spacing and more "open court" I love penetrating, watching the defense converge, and then popping the ball out to the open man. That is just really really lacking in 2K9. Last night, I was playing 2K9 after playing Live, and it just seemed so unresponsive, and the players seem so clumped up. Plus they hardly ever take mid range shots in 2K9 unless the clock is running out.

I think I will just stick with Live and try to find sliders that fit me. If they would just patch the fast break situation, Live would be darn near perfect for me. Man, next year has real promise if EA doesn't take 2 steps forward and 3 steps back like they do sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2008, 10:41 PM   #126
Banned

OVR: 26

I also switched from 2k9. I spent more time tweaking sliders than actually playing the game. Live is so much more fun for me. There's a lot of things I like about 2k9, but overall it comes down to enjoying the gameplay, and I think Live does it a bit better. All I needed were a couple slider tweaks and I'm getting nice realistic stats, but the flow of it feels so much better, and responsive.

There's a couple things I don't like about Live, and I think 2k's animations are a lot better, but overall I'm digging Live. It's more fun. The complaints about Live don't ruin the game for me, how it did with 2k9 on the other hand.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:03 PM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm hoping this is a one game fluke....I have only had this game for a week or so, and have noticed this only once.

I made a substitution at SF and began to notice that my SF was always wide open. Didn't think much about it at first. Then began to notice the opposing teams SF was always wide open as well.

Started paying more attention and realized that both defensive teams only had 4 defenders coming down the court. Started checking replays and as soon as the ball changed hands the defensive teams SF would run to mid court and just stand there. I had to control my SF full time on defense the rest of the game to include him in the play....

Anyone else seen anything similar? This only happened after I subbed, but then it affected the rest of the game.

Also, should mention that when I say "after I subbed" the game was set on auto substitutions and I manually subbed. Not sure if that had some affect or not.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:23 PM   #128
Rookie

OVR: 2
Totally agree with your comments about 2K9. Picked up Live and am having a blast w/Blazers dynasty (using L4D's sliders).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »