Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Beta Screenshots (2-12-09)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Beta Screenshots (2-12-09) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #97
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Beta Screenshots (2-12-09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
No, not ALL DOCTOR SHOTS. That is the same cliche people use when they try to support and make amends to the fact that a certain company does it.

But 2K takes it to the next level. They are night and day different. And get people deceptively excited, just to have them crash and burn when they see the "real shots"

Every post I made, is from my personal critique. I am entitled to my opinion as much as the one salivating over them. Give it a rest will yea. The world is not so black and white.

And who cares what Kool-Aide, I or the majority of baseball gamers drink? How does that make my opinion any less valid? Am I not supposed to critique the graphics? Take everything for what it is, and not in hopes have my comments read, for them to *gasp* improve on them?

Give it a rest, the same can be said for you... pot meet kettle.
If you are that much of a Graphic Whore then this game is not for you. Obviously the Graphics are terrible or not up to your standard, you made that painfully obvious..

You've also made it obvious that this company has wronged you the last couple of years. If this is the case why are you here? Why not move-on?
Old 02-12-2009, 07:38 PM   #98
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777

I was belittled over there because I said I wished Sony would improve the graphics on the psp version.

Good grief.

Anyway. I love the bright colors of the menus and the create-a-player screens. ABSOLUTELY loved the clouds in the one photo of Fenway, outstanding looking.
Looking good so far. Videos, please.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #99
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Guys, everyone has their own opinions out there, and it doesn't involve any kool-aid drinking. I think the screens look solid. Others don't. Does that mean I'm a 2K fanboy or everyone else is a Show fanboy? Not necessarily. I want to see their games succeed, but as Gordon Downie once said, "I smell a rat when it's a rat". 2K8, to me, was disappointing. It was by no means the disaster everyone around here made it out to be, though. IMO, it was just not a game I would play every day, and we'll leave it at that.

I know people here have short fuses after what happened last year, and because of that, I totally understand all the nitpicking surrounding the game. 360 owners don't like playing one game every year, and PS3 owners wonder if a choice is even necessary with the state of SCEA's game. This title is going to be scrutinized by hardcore sports gamers regardless of what the final product is like. The third-party exclusivity deal did it all.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #100
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
Where is the law that states you can't post your opinions on a game? If he thinks the meters look horribly, he has the right to say that. What is the point of these forums if people can't post their opinions?

And as a mater of fact, I agree with him. The meters look like the turbo meter from one of the Burnout racing games. It doesn't fit in with a baseball game, if you ask me. If you like the way the meters look, fine.

The problem here isn't people posting opinions, it's people taking offense to people posting opinions. Why does it bother you that he, or anybody else, critiques the game? If you think the game is great and looks great, why on earth do you care what he, or anybody else, thinks?
It bothers me because it's the same BS time after time after time. The graphics sux. The screens are doctored...blah blah blah..

Can't you people come-up with something else to complain about, instead of b***** & moaning about the same stuff

Their was a bunch of good stuff posted by Steve, yet that wasn't talked about was it. NO because people can't let their anger over what this series has been for the last 3 years go..

Last edited by bigfnjoe96; 02-12-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
If you are that much of a Graphic Whore then this game is not for you. Obviously the Graphics are terrible or not up to your standard, you made that painfully obvious..

You've also made it obvious that this company has wronged you the last couple of years. If this is the case why are you here? Why not move-on?
Man give it a rest. Lets get back on topic. Everyone has the right to post their opinions. This isn't the 2k forums. If you don't like the negative posts, then go to the 2k forums and enjoy the positive posts by the kids over there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #102
Pro

OVR: 11

I am very impressed and I can't wait to play this game! I love the camera options! I have been wanting this for three years now! Thank you.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #103
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikSaban
Man give it a rest. Lets get back on topic. Everyone has the right to post their opinions. This isn't the 2k forums. If you don't like the negative posts, then go to the 2k forums and enjoy the positive posts by the kids over there.
Yes, it would be nice if we could get back on topic.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #104
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
and PS3 owners wonder if a choice is even necessary with the state of SCEA's game.
You can't be a baseball fan and NOT want TWO great games. It makes no sense. What happens if one company, or the other, suddenly goes belly up? I agree with your post and also think the PS3 crowd wants this game to succeed, too. Well, they should.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »