Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Beta Screenshots (2-12-09)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Beta Screenshots (2-12-09) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2009, 07:48 PM   #105
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Beta Screenshots (2-12-09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
You can't be a baseball fan and NOT want TWO great games. It makes no sense. What happens if one company, or the other, suddenly goes belly up? I agree with your post and also think the PS3 crowd wants this game to succeed, too. Well, they should.
I believe this also, but they way they show it sometimes makes me scratch my head sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikSaban
Man give it a rest. Lets get back on topic. Everyone has the right to post their opinions. This isn't the 2k forums. If you don't like the negative posts, then go to the 2k forums and enjoy the positive posts by the kids over there.
Thanks for the offer, but I've been there & done that already
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #106
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
It bothers me because it's the same BS time after time after time. The graphics sux. The screens are doctored...blah blah blah..

Can't you people come-up with something else to complain about, instead of b***** & moaning about the same stuff

Their was a bunch of good stuff posted by Steve, yet that wasn't talked about was it. NO because people can't let their anger over what this series has been for the last 3 years go..
All they have given us is images, so you are only going to hear things about the images.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #107
Rookie

Quote:
You can't be a baseball fan and NOT want TWO great games. It makes no sense. What happens if one company, or the other, suddenly goes belly up? I agree with your post and also think the PS3 crowd wants this game to succeed, too. Well, they should.
Absolutely, count me in as wanting this game to be solid. I haven't seen anything yet that would lead me to believe otherwise.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #108
MVP

OVR: 11

I'd have to say we should hold off on the graphics criticisms since it seems like some have forgotten the first teaser trailer shown that everyone was commenting looked great. Directly from the developers, it was said that the teaser was taken from actual gameplay and that was how the finished product would look.

I think the full lack of graphic fidelity has to do with the photo captures taking a bit of overall shine off the actual graphics. Lets wait to see some gameplay footage (or maybe 2Ks exclusive captures) before we fully judge.

Last edited by NumberOneRB; 02-12-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #109
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
It bothers me because it's the same BS time after time after time. The graphics sux. The screens are doctored...blah blah blah..

Can't you people come-up with something else to complain about, instead of b***** & moaning about the same stuff

Their was a bunch of good stuff posted by Steve, yet that wasn't talked about was it. NO because people can't let their anger over what this series has been for the last 3 years go..
You need to relax and learn that different people have different opinions. I don't care about 25 different camera angles, I really don't. I will choose the camera angles I have been using since I've been playing baseball games.

Other posters are loving the camera angles, do you see me telling them to stop being fanboys and praising it? No. They like it, great. They have their opinions and I have mine.

I think the graphics suck, I think the uniforms look terrible, the screenshots released last month were a lie, and I don't like the meters. Why does that irk you?

I will buy this game and I hope it's good. Why wouldn't I want two great baseball games?! The ugly graphics aren't going to stop me from buying the game, neither are the 2 Fast 2 Furious meters. What's important is how the game plays, and as of yet I have no idea how it will play so I will wait until I get the game. All I can comment on is what we've been given so far.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #110
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Especially all the options and the create a player looks great.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #111
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

Quote:
I'm excited to have two options. I think SCEA and 2K are pushing each other to improve and that is all we could hope for. That and one of the two games is coming out for the PC!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #112
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
If you are that much of a Graphic Whore then this game is not for you. Obviously the Graphics are terrible or not up to your standard, you made that painfully obvious..

You've also made it obvious that this company has wronged you the last couple of years. If this is the case why are you here? Why not move-on?
And why cant I expect them to have great graphics and gameplay to boot in this current gen?

Why am I here? Because I can. I am a member of this community. And I am a baseball fan. In which I would like to have two good games out on the market for competition reasons, to make each other improve. And not have it one maker, because we know what happens there.

My complaint is the blatant doctoring of photos. And seeing shot after shot on game sites not matching 2K's, it is painfully obvious, and maybe (a shred of doubt) but maybe a 2k rep will see that gamers dont tolerate blatant BS. But to stick up for it rather, and make excuses for that is troublesome.

Quote:

Stop right there. You only choose to read this stuff, since there is just as much if not more praise in here. But since it conforms with your ideals, you see right through that, and become reactionary instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »