Home

NHL 09: A Non-Glitcher's Guide to Offense

This is a discussion on NHL 09: A Non-Glitcher's Guide to Offense within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 09: A Non-Glitcher's Guide to Offense

Over the last two weeks, Operation Sports has covered NHL 09 strategies for defense and goaltending. Therefore, this week it is time to talk a little bit about offense.

First, let me be clear that this guide is not here to show players how to exploit the game’s A.I. via glitch goals like the curve shot and the wraparound, but rather, this article is an attempt to inform people about hockey strategies that will work -- not just on the virtual ice -- but on the real ice, too.

Read More - NHL 09: A Non-Glitchers Guide to Offense
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360

Last edited by bronco92; 04-15-2009 at 05:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 12:17 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
What's the "vision control" button on PS3? I can't how many times I went to get a rebound and ended up in the penalty box.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
L2
Old 04-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
See, this is the one issue I have with NHL. I love the game, but both of those breakaways take advantage of unrealistic goalie reactions. As a goalie I can tell you it would be a fluke goal if I let in a breakawy where the guy is on top of me pulling the puck across me. Poke check and done. You don't get that shot off. I just feel both of those breakaways are taking advantage of the bad reactions the goalie makes, which is borderline glitch to me. That's also why you don't see real games where the players come in that low and wide on a breakaway. Just my opinion.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
I should add by "bad reactions" I mean due to programming.

And otherwise, I think this is a good guide! I should have mentioned that before!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 31
Your vids are kind of glitchy moves. You can pull of dekes straight on and they work most of the time as well.......go in full speed fake left the right and shoot...you can do the opposites as well as fake left and going right.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 09: A Non-Glitchers Guide to Offense

My EASHL team has a pretty solid offense...the dumping the puck tip works really well. A lot of the better teams step up at the blue line so dumping it quickly and getting there and quickly passing it is a good way to set up the offense.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 17
Good read there JY, all i know about hockey is from video games so good to get some info

Are there any articles on here breaking down the diff offense and defence types you can choose with the dpad?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »