Home

Noob Guide to Transactions in MLB '09: The Show

This is a discussion on Noob Guide to Transactions in MLB '09: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Noob Guide to Transactions in MLB '09: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
Bump. I'm honestly confused with what I'm not doing to get draft picks.
Sorry, can't help you with that. But I play the Yanks and the draft picks have been taking from me.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #10
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Wow, great post. I thought I knew a lot about the systems; however you taught me a few new things. Thanks
Old 04-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #11
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Thanks for the tips...

I used to juggle middle relievers between my MLB and AAA squads alot until I found out that this year, they'd possibly have to clear waivers...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #12
Rookie

Tonsoffun's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
Can someone explain to me why I never get extra draft picks when my Type A and B free agents are signed by someone else? I offer them arbitration like I'm supposed to, they decline it and are picked by someone else. Then come June 3rd, I don't even get a supplemental pick.
you should automatically get the Sandwich pick (supplemental) regardless of A/B status. However, for Type A, if say, the Yankees do what they did this winter, in signing Sabathia, Teixeira, and Burnett... there's only 1 1st round pick available, so only one of those teams is getting that pick (the angels did). so perhaps this is happening in your franchise?
Old 04-08-2009, 03:51 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnus
Every player have 3 Options (even if he's neither on the 25-Man Roster nor on the 40-Man Roster), and no, they never reset.
Sorry but its very possible to get a fourth option. Delmon Young is a recent example.

You may want to be more familiar with the rules before you start giving out false info
Old 04-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
Sorry but its very possible to get a fourth option. Delmon Young is a recent example.

You may want to be more familiar with the rules before you start giving out false info
OK, but that's an extra Option. Options do not reset. This special case only applies when a player has used all three options already and does not have five full seasons of professional experience.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnus
OK, but that's an extra Option. Options do not reset. This special case only applies when a player has used all three options already and does not have five full seasons of professional experience.
I didnt say options reset.

1. A player who is currently entering his fourth or fifth pro season and already has been optioned in three separate years gets a fourth option.

2. A player who has missed one or more seasons to injury - meaning an entire season, or enough time to accrue fewer than 90 days on an active roster - may get a fourth option if, exclusive of those injury-shortened years, he has fewer than five full seasons in pro ball. A season in which he's on an active roster for 60 days or more and then gets hurt still counts as a full season, but a season in which he's hurt and then comes back and gets 60-89 days of service after the injury does not.

3. Seasons spent in short season leagues
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
I didnt say options reset.

1. A player who is currently entering his fourth or fifth pro season and already has been optioned in three separate years gets a fourth option.

2. A player who has missed one or more seasons to injury - meaning an entire season, or enough time to accrue fewer than 90 days on an active roster - may get a fourth option if, exclusive of those injury-shortened years, he has fewer than five full seasons in pro ball. A season in which he's on an active roster for 60 days or more and then gets hurt still counts as a full season, but a season in which he's hurt and then comes back and gets 60-89 days of service after the injury does not.

3. Seasons spent in short season leagues
Well, he was asking if Options reset every few years or something like that, I just said they don't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »