Home

Noob Guide to Transactions in MLB '09: The Show

This is a discussion on Noob Guide to Transactions in MLB '09: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Noob Guide to Transactions in MLB '09: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnus
Well, he was asking if Options reset every few years or something like that, I just said they don't.
Oh I thought you told him players will only get 3 options. No big deal. But I dont think this game considers the 4th option possibility. And I doubt the game knows to turn rev. waivers into irrev. waivers after the player was pulled back for the 2nd time on a claim
Old 04-08-2009, 04:44 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Is there any way to see what transactions have taken place in RTTS? I see at the beginning of year 3 (I'm in ST) that one of the Rangers up and coming young CP's and their #1 draft pick 1B from 2008 are both no longer on the team.

Any way to see how this happened?

-- Paul Hornung
Old 04-08-2009, 05:01 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
Oh I thought you told him players will only get 3 options. No big deal. But I dont think this game considers the 4th option possibility. And I doubt the game knows to turn rev. waivers into irrev. waivers after the player was pulled back for the 2nd time on a claim
He asked if only players that were on the 40-Man Roster had Options or something like that, what he wrote was too confusing. And I'm pretty sure Revocable Waivers aren't in the game.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnus
He asked if only players that were on the 40-Man Roster had Options or something like that, what he wrote was too confusing. And I'm pretty sure Revocable Waivers aren't in the game.

Sweet Jesus...are you two married?

let's focus on the important part here, like my question!!

Quote:
Is there any way to see what transactions have taken place in RTTS? I see at the beginning of year 3 (I'm in ST) that one of the Rangers up and coming young CP's and their #1 draft pick 1B from 2008 are both no longer on the team.

-- Paul Hornung
Old 04-09-2009, 03:49 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5
I love how all these new management features are in the game, but it is still impossible to simply drop players to FA in the roster manager.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #22
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonsoffun
you should automatically get the Sandwich pick (supplemental) regardless of A/B status. However, for Type A, if say, the Yankees do what they did this winter, in signing Sabathia, Teixeira, and Burnett... there's only 1 1st round pick available, so only one of those teams is getting that pick (the angels did). so perhaps this is happening in your franchise?
I guess so, but I'm still confused when the 2009 first-year draft comes up and the Angels have about two picks each in the first and supp. rounds.

Here is what went down in my Oakland franchise. I offered all three arbitration before the deadline.

Matt Holliday - Type A (signed with Minnesota)
Orlando Cabrerra - Type A (signed with Boston)
Nomar - Type B (signed with Kansas City)

I should have gotten three picks correct?

Did the signing of Carl Crawford (Type A) completely throw off my chances at getting those picks?

Trying to run the Moneyball model is useless if I get these picks to work right for me.

Last edited by SHO; 04-09-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:16 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 6

So you signed Crawford in the off season? If so, then you would lose your pick, but should pick up two first round picks for Holliday and Ocab, unless a) say Boston picked up another type A and that team did worse than you so they would get Boston's pick or b) say Minnesota's pick was in the top 15. If both happened, then you would only get the "sandwich" picks. Does that make sense, because it took me quite a while to figure that out as well. Good luck on the A's, they rule!!!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 9
Nice guide

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »