Home

Backbreaker Video

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Video within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2009, 09:55 PM   #41
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: New BackBreaker Video! 4/23/09

Looks like this game is taking soo long to come out that by the time it does Madden will have better technology. It seems they already do with 9 person gang tackling. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 10:47 PM   #42
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Still Vaporware.
Super Vaporware
Old 04-30-2009, 01:42 PM   #43
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Looks like this game is taking soo long to come out that by the time it does Madden will have better technology. It seems they already do with 9 person gang tackling. lol
I highly doubt anyone has ever seen a 9 man gang tackle in the NFL. Not talking about a pile up but an actual 9 men holding on to the ball carrier on his feet. If they guy can not be tackled by 2 let alone 3 NFL players? First he is a beast or second time to find some better tacklers.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:39 PM   #44
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
I highly doubt anyone has ever seen a 9 man gang tackle in the NFL. Not talking about a pile up but an actual 9 men holding on to the ball carrier on his feet. If they guy can not be tackled by 2 let alone 3 NFL players? First he is a beast or second time to find some better tacklers.
That is true, but this will allow for pile-on tackles. I hate those goal line plays with an HB dive play that, if stopped by a defender or two, is just that. Everyone else is blocking/running around while only one guy tackles him.

And I've said before that one big thing this physics engine will allow is a better momentum system. You know, F = m*v.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #45
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Backbreaker Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Midway sounds about right...

It's not that I don't support upstart groups who want to fill a void in certain areas of gaming, I just object to the treatment of this title like it's the "second coming" of videogame football before we've ever seen a single image from it that looks like a GAME, as opposed to a CGI movie about football.

Even if they could actually get this thing released, the natural order of things dictates that there will probably be significant problems with it (akin to how EA, an established developer, struggled with Madden '06 and '07), and then the only shot at getting those fixed would be if this new IP could actually generate enough money to warrant a sequel.

If 2k sports couldn't suceed well enough for all of those things to happen, why are we so sure that this graphics design project could be any better?
I don't think this is "the second coming", I just hope it's better than the garbage EA puts out every year. I still buy NCAA every year because I'm dumb and have no other football option. I just want options, so I am a little excited at the prospect of another football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #46
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Backbreaker Video

Until I see real live gamefootage it ain't no good football game to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »