Home

NCAA Football 10 Pre-E3 Hands-On (IGN)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Pre-E3 Hands-On (IGN) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2009, 03:22 AM   #145
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 10 Pre-E3 Hands-On (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayvis
I couldn't possibly spell it out any clearer. I want to play this game with all 120 FBS teams in their correct divisions, and to schedule a game with an FCS team that doesn't affect the outcome of the FBS. That is the way I play the game. I don't play Dynasty any other way and therefore I will not be using Teambuilder.

You have refused to accept my point for the duration of this thread. You've asked questions, but then refused to understand or accept completely legitimate answers. Not understanding another person's point of view is the definition of narrow minded, and that is why I'm accusing you of being such. I'm done. Argue all you want. For the understanding that you show others you may as well be talking to yourself anyway.
wow, always fun conversing with someone! not sure how many times I have to say i feel bad for people who didn't get what they want, but oh well since you're mature and all i guess it doesn't matter. This is the first post you made where you spent less time attacking me and more time explaining your point of view and now I actually do understand where you're coming from so thanks for that and I do see how it's a bummer, but like I said before it's just hard for me to understand how not being able swap out 4 made up teams for 4 real teams is that much of a dealbreaker, but oh well everyone's got their kicks i suppose. great chatting with ya!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2009, 08:25 AM   #146
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Because I love college Football and have played EA football since the first Madden in 1990. This game was a great love of mine and I wish it still was.

Embarrassingly, I logged more online hours under one name than any other person on NCAA 2004. Since that time it has steadily declined because of issues with the game being sub par to just down right piss poor.

The game just isn't as good as it should be because EA pours resources into stupid stuff. They should be working on the gameplay and add the stupid stuff to keep people interested after gameplay is fixed.

I want to be able to play this game and enjoy it. However, I am pissed that EA has taken away one of the joy's I have had in video games by making NCAA garbage.

Ok, so you're upset that the game has, in your opinion, been garbage since '04, but you want the game to get better. Thats why we're here, because we want the game to get better or because we like the series. So why ridicule people that get excited when they read something that meets one of the things they've wanted fixed/in the game?

I mean, you seem ok with expressing your concern/cautious attitude towards what you read/hear/see because you've been disappointed in the past, so why can't people express their excitement/joy towards things they read/hear/see when its something they've wanted to see added/fixed and/or because they've been happy with series in the past?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 05-16-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #147
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
i was never talking about swapping them for the current FCS, i was talking about adding on to the 120 teams vs swapping within the 120.
care to explain how you can just add to the 120 teams without screwing up the schedule for every other team in the game? If you add 1 more team so theres 121 teams, you need to create a schedule for that extra team, therefore you will affect other team's schedules, which will affect other team's schedules and so on. You can't just add on extra teams without it screwing up the schedules.

Unless you have a way this can be done, there doesnt seem to be one. And dont give that, "its not my job its their job" crap because its easy to sit here and ask for everything in the world and just say its their job to figure it out and then complain that its not there.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:53 AM   #148
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

I really wish that instead of adding brand new things every year, they would just concentrate on the gameplay and correct some of the bugs that were in 09. So we don't need a patch right away like last year. Just a thought.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #149
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
care to explain how you can just add to the 120 teams without screwing up the schedule for every other team in the game? If you add 1 more team so theres 121 teams, you need to create a schedule for that extra team, therefore you will affect other team's schedules, which will affect other team's schedules and so on. You can't just add on extra teams without it screwing up the schedules.

Unless you have a way this can be done, there doesnt seem to be one. And dont give that, "its not my job its their job" crap because its easy to sit here and ask for everything in the world and just say its their job to figure it out and then complain that its not there.
If team-builder is anything like previous CAS, you will be forced to remove one of the 120 FBS teams to add your team to play anyway. You will take over their schedule and your rivals become your rivals. At least until you make new ones

Old 05-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #150
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoniak
I really wish that instead of adding brand new things every year, they would just concentrate on the gameplay and correct some of the bugs that were in 09. So we don't need a patch right away like last year. Just a thought.
Thats also how I feel. This game has felt like its been in neutral for years now. I dont think anyone is hating on this years version because none of us has played it. I think most people just arent liking some the things that have come out. For example, there has been absolutely no info on the presentational aspect for this year. Also there has not been any info, if im not mistaken, on major bug fixes like the inability to sign OL. Most teams would end up having 7 qbs, 5 rb, 1ot, 1 og etc. It killed dynasty after 3 or 4 years. A true game killer. I just want more information of gameplay fixes, presentation, before I hear about new game modes like team builder .
Old 05-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #151
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4

you missed the point I thought the person I was arguing with was complaining that we couldn't add teams. I know it's impossible to do right now especially since all sports games handle this the same way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #152
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
For example, there has been absolutely no info on the presentational aspect for this year.
we know that the pre-game has been updated, however the full details on it have not been talked about yet. likely will be announced at E3. they also added a sideline reporter(Erin Andrews) and the bowl game endzones will add to presentation in the bowl games at least(better than the generic ones from the past).

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
Also there has not been any info, if im not mistaken, on major bug fixes like the inability to sign OL. Most teams would end up having 7 qbs, 5 rb, 1ot, 1 og etc. It killed dynasty after 3 or 4 years. A true game killer.
this has already been talked about and tweaked. there was a blog about dynasty changes and this was one of them. Russ and Adam also have made a few posts about it being fixed/tweaked.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »