Home

MLB 09: The Show Mini-Patch (1.07) Released 5/19/09 - Impressions and Discussion Here

This is a discussion on MLB 09: The Show Mini-Patch (1.07) Released 5/19/09 - Impressions and Discussion Here within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2009, 11:22 AM   #73
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: MLB 09: The Show Mini-Patch (1.07) Released 5/19/09 - Impressions and Discussion

I didn't download the 1.06 patch but then finally got around and got the minipatch. I never had any problems before but after playing about a month's worth of a RTTS that is now in 2013 or 2014 I'm in September with the Padres as a callup and after pitching 1 or 2 games, it will just kick back out to the xmb whenever I trying to even look at the schedule to sim to the next appearance.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:43 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 09: The Show Mini-Patch (1.07) Released 5/19/09 - Impressions and Discussion

Watchdogxc
Seems like the same problem as me. Had no issues at all until downloading 1.7 patch. I always thought of myself lucky after hearing of all the problems people had pre and post 1.6 patch. I played EVERY game in RTTS for five seasons aswell. What a waste of time and effort. Got UFC today to cheer myself up by knocking six blocks outta someone.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 11

SCEA Patches: Fixing 2 things and breaking 3 since 2009!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 04:25 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
Anyone have this happen ?
Since I first downloaded the 1.07 patch my screen went to snow then makes a pop noise and now each time I start up The Show the screen clicks over to snow makes a noise and then the game loads .
This NEVER happened EVER intil the latest patch ?
What is this and can it damage my ps3 .
Thanks
Oh also had my first ever game freeze now in a 7th inning game when cpu was trying gto pick me off .
I was also using SCEA latest online roster.

My Tv does this withough any patch. I think it is your TV changing its resolution for the game, that's what I was told. I don't think it will damage anything.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 27

I've read about a few people saying they're having problems in RTTS Mode since downloading the 1.07 patch. I have the patch downloaded, and I haven't ran into any problems as of yet in RTTS. I'm nearing the end of my 2010 season. To make sure, I made a second save file of my RTTS career, and then simmed the rest of the season, and simmed the offseason to see if the system restarts to my XMB after a certain date. It didn't happen. For the people that this is happening to, is it only occuring in certain years, or does it not matter? I'd hate to keep continuing my career years later and have it restart on me. I've put a lot of time into it. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:48 AM   #78
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime21time37
finally got game , when i play will it automatically load all patches or do i have to install individually? thanks
Just make sure you are hooked up to the internet, and put your disc in. It will prompt you automatically to download and it covers all of them.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:56 AM   #79
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Cant help you Jim but what i can say is that im so glad i havent downloaded any of these patches and will continue to live happily without them

Hope someone can answer your queries mate.
I've downloaded them all and am living happily with the downloaded patches.

I like the benefits of having the correct Cubs day/night schedule (since that is my main team), lineups can "stick" better with stock SCEA ratings if you reset them after Spring Training for sim games (then I use the 2nd controller for games I played and the lineups come up automatically now instead of me having to redo them each game I play).

The replays work fine now with the mini-patch as well. I have had absolutely no problems just playing my franchises. No freezes. I have auto save turned off which may or may not be a problem, I don't know.

(I don't play RTTS, so I can't comment on that).

I wish they would have fixed the roster control issues, but as Jim stated it was probably a more in depth issue due to the auto-fix feature, but I would take this game post-patches anyday over non-patched. Just my 2 cents. This is just my personal experience so far.

I totally understand the frustrations of those having problems however, and hope I do not run into any in the future.

Last edited by DrUrsus; 05-23-2009 at 03:00 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:03 AM   #80
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoman
My Tv does this withough any patch. I think it is your TV changing its resolution for the game, that's what I was told. I don't think it will damage anything.
Some TVs do that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »