Home

MLB 09: The Show Mini-Patch (1.07) Released 5/19/09 - Impressions and Discussion Here

This is a discussion on MLB 09: The Show Mini-Patch (1.07) Released 5/19/09 - Impressions and Discussion Here within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #81
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 09: The Show Mini-Patch (1.07) Released 5/19/09 - Impressions and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoman
My Tv does this withough any patch. I think it is your TV changing its resolution for the game, that's what I was told. I don't think it will damage anything.
Thanks I know what you mean but its not like that .
Well either way it stopped doing the snow screen and loud pop noise
Wierd stuff and I just didnt wanna wreck my Ps3 like EA Nhl wrecked my 360.
Take care and Fond du lac is very nice ! Spent many summers up there as a yute , Fishing , swiming ect !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2009, 12:01 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 09: The Show Mini-Patch (1.07) Released 5/19/09 - Impressions and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg
The replay fix was probably a quick tiny bit of code to update. Therefore, it was easy to take care of and didn't require a lot of man-hours (and hence money) to correct. Remember, SCEA is not going to allocate a great deal of funding to continue working on an already released game. It's just not financially feasible to do so.
Well, the "financially feasible" part is debatable. They're taking a bit of a gamble assuming that not fixing these issues won't hurt their bottom line next year. I can say personally that I'll definitely be waiting to buy the game until I can be assured that it has no devastating bugs or glitches.

Doing this will more than likely allow me to save money and buy the game used from Gamestop, which in turn would prevent Sony from making anything from the sale. I realize my "measely" $60 won't be noticed by such a large company, but none the less, it is a result of how things have transpired this year. It is what it is.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #83
Rookie

MSUHitman's Arena

OVR: 1
I still cannot save replays after my franchise games. From my experience absolutely nothing changed after this "mini patch."
Old 05-23-2009, 04:28 PM   #84
Rookie

BIG17EASY's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by awelsh
Watchdogxc
Seems like the same problem as me. Had no issues at all until downloading 1.7 patch. I always thought of myself lucky after hearing of all the problems people had pre and post 1.6 patch. I played EVERY game in RTTS for five seasons aswell. What a waste of time and effort. Got UFC today to cheer myself up by knocking six blocks outta someone.
When you downloaded 1.7, also includes the fixes (and bugs) that 1.6 had. The crashing is a bug introduced by 1.6, so there's no way to download patch 1.7 without getting the crash bug.

(Game companies do this so that people who buy the game months or even years after its release get the most up-to-date software without having to download multiple patches.)

Russell from SCEA said that any franchises or RTTS's started before patch 1.6 need to be restarted. Or you can delete the patch and play the game as it came out of the box, which will not cause your RTTS to crash. Lots of people are doing this and seem very happy.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #85
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY
When you downloaded 1.7, also includes the fixes (and bugs) that 1.6 had. The crashing is a bug introduced by 1.6, so there's no way to download patch 1.7 without getting the crash bug.

(Game companies do this so that people who buy the game months or even years after its release get the most up-to-date software without having to download multiple patches.)

Russell from SCEA said that any franchises or RTTS's started before patch 1.6 need to be restarted. Or you can delete the patch and play the game as it came out of the box, which will not cause your RTTS to crash. Lots of people are doing this and seem very happy.
I deleted the new patch and still couldn't get by a certain date in season mode. I had to start a new season. I was glad I was only 1 month into it. My Reds franchise is fine. I'm into early September with that one. WHEW!!!
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2009, 10:15 PM   #86
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

I played a game tonight where the score was 12 (me) to 5. The first 3 innings of replay were not there for some reason. All the others were there. This is with patch 1.07.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:05 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 11

Personally, I am more than happy having no patches at all.

The schedule thing isn't that big a deal to me. The CPU control lineup fix rosters of Knight and Co. V2/5 hold the lineups good enough for me. NO major issues just some minor ones lineup wise, no biggie.

I have all replays/highlights and I don't have to worry about a possible future freeze or any other issues.

Really, there isn't anything in the patch that I would risk my franchise for at this point.

I am happy as can be without it, and hope others with issues can get them figured out.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:56 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY
Really? I was holding out hope that the mini patch would let me save my pre-patch franchise.

Why arent more people angry about this? I have little desire to go back to the game after losing 4 months of virtual work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »