Home

Madden 10: Did EA Press Reset? (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on Madden 10: Did EA Press Reset? (Joystiq) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: Wow, Joystiq rights a "wrong"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Not really...

joystiq's previous article had false information (i.e. "Emotion of the NFL" mode; what Pro-Tak does to the game, etc.) and that's why they made this one.
Yes really....
Old 05-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #18
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

My problem with the article is that on the first paragraph or so is negative. On the main page, all you see is that negative passage. Joystiq only admits fault after the jump if a user clicks on the story. Not cool.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #19
Banned

Brnto4life's Arena

OVR: 6

Think of the Madden game from Joystiq's POV. As a staff of game writers that cover the entire spectrum of gaming genres (RPG, Action, FPS, Horror, Sports, etc), what about Madden screams innovation compared to the rest of the games they cover?

To put it simply, it doesn't. That's why sports games don't get coverage on Joystiq, because they don't have a dedicated sports writer (a la Pastapadre) and obviously if you aren't into sports games, the main reason would be the lack of innovation that comes with a solid and consistent yearly development cycle.

However, Joystiq can't IGNORE a franchise such as Madden because it sells so many copies every year and is synonymous with gaming. Clearly Joystiq feels obligated to write about the game even though most of them haven't played (and certainly haven't played enough to notice yearly differences).

If I had the option of covering games like Modern Warfare 2, God of War III, and Bioshock 2 over Madden NFL 10, I would. That's what draws the majority of readers.

This article is somewhat back-handed (it even takes a shot at us "discussion-forum geeks"), but I like seeing people know when they're wrong. It's a retraction, but one that was written so the author didn't sound like an idiot (which he is).
Old 05-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #20
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
I dont see any wrong with this article. Joystiq just isnt gonna go "PRAISE EA, PRAISE IAN" like a bunch of yall do.

They're hesitant, like they should be. Sounds more like EA whined about the way they took it and pressured them to write this.
Hey, I'm all for being skeptical. I got a few infractions for some of my more firey posts (ones I didn't deserve! *Ahem* lol). But this guy doesn't even know what he's really being skeptical about. Rather than legitimately attacking Pro-Tak by mentioning it's potential downfalls, he attacks EA for not working on "Team-Play" and over-exaggerates it's importance to most fans. He also repeatedly references his "doubts" about each gameplay addition, without mentioning exactly why he's doubtful (except the nebulous reason that Madden always sucks). I saw very little relevant substance in any of his points.

If I were that Joystiq editor, I would do a much better job at attacking EA, lol. But since I'm not an editor, and I'm giving EA the benefit of the doubt (until E3), I do not have such aspirations.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #21
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Yes really....
If that was the case then they would have done that with many other articles in the past that were negative (such as the various ones that were made after the news about the exclusive NFL license).

Again, when you are a "trusted" publication/site and you post false info about something, you have to correct it or else you run a risk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 05:21 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
If that was the case then they would have done that with many other articles in the past that were negative (such as the various ones that were made after the news about the exclusive NFL license).

Again, when you are a publication and you post false info about a game, you have to correct it or else you run a risk.
Really? So when Madden basically lied about gameplay and presentation aspects of previous installments, that was ok? Lol please.

Quote:
During a post mortem chat, we encouraged Frazier and lead designer Ian Cummings to respond to our preview, which EA Sports had criticized for containing inaccuracies and, in turn, inciting a negative response to the game. They readily obliged.
Im sure if it was a "positive" article EA would not care about the inaccuracies.

Quote:
Frazier, Cummings and the rest of the staff are frustrated by the repetitive criticisms lobbed at Madden.
This is just wow.

Seems like a bunch of yall are butt hurt the site doesnt kiss M10s ***.

Last edited by Derrville; 05-28-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #23
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Really? So when Madden basically lied about gameplay and presentation aspects of previous installments, that was ok? Lol please.

Im sure if it was a "positive" article EA would not care about the inaccuracies.

This is just wow.
+1
Old 05-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #24
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: New Joystiq Article

I refuse to read the article just because it's from Joystiq.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »