Home

Madden NFL 10 Video: Halftime Report (Chase @ E3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Video: Halftime Report (Chase @ E3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #313
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 10 Video: Halftime Report (Chase @ E3)

I have no problem with people ripping the halftime show if they desire, cause even in my opinion, that was underwhelming since I was expecting commentary on the highlights. Other than that though, it was pretty much exactly what I expected. But really, the issue is the fact that there is complete silence during the highlights (very awkward), which I HAVE to believe will not be the case when this game is released. Even last year they had music playing during those top 5 highlights thing. MLB 09 The Show does the exact same thing as this does, except they got music playing to it. NBA 2K9 does this as well, except they got music to it. The only game I've seen do this with actual commentary is NFL 2K5, and it was incredibly redundant. Now, to me, that tells me that there has to be some reason why only one game has done this, and that is it's gotta be VERY difficult to implement. That's just my opinion on the matter.

Basically, put some good music to the highlights EA, (ala The Show) and you have a great start. Figure out the commentary thing and you'll have brilliance. The pre/halftime/post game, etc. shows doesn't take away the fact that this game is gonna be incredibly good in every other way.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #314
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drocks
I have no problem with people ripping the halftime show if they desire, cause even in my opinion, that was underwhelming since I was expecting commentary on the highlights. Other than that though, it was pretty much exactly what I expected. But really, the issue is the fact that there is complete silence during the highlights (very awkward), which I HAVE to believe will not be the case when this game is released. Even last year they had music playing during those top 5 highlights thing. MLB 09 The Show does the exact same thing as this does, except they got music playing to it. NBA 2K9 does this as well, except they got music to it. The only game I've seen do this with actual commentary is NFL 2K5, and it was incredibly redundant. Now, to me, that tells me that there has to be some reason why only one game has done this, and that is it's gotta be VERY difficult to implement. That's just my opinion on the matter.

Basically, put some good music to the highlights EA, (ala The Show) and you have a great start. Figure out the commentary thing and you'll have brilliance. The pre/halftime/post game, etc. shows doesn't take away the fact that this game is gonna be incredibly good in every other way.
Agree 100%
Old 06-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #315
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

To me, the other games halftime show, is a bag of robust flavorful, mouth watering, taste satisfied (any name brand of chips you enjoy).

Something we've enjoyed, and had the option to not eat if we chose.

This on the otherhand is a serving of plain old rice cakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #316
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
So, shouldn't we wait until August 14th to discover more about what Madden has in store for us presentation wise and game play wise?
No I'm going to go off what they show. I'm not blindly spending money on a company that shows time and time again that they will have their people hype up their stuff, only to disappoint and then get mad at people telling them that they disappointed.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 06-04-2009, 12:25 PM   #317
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
To me, the other games halftime show, is a bag of robust flavorful, mouth watering, taste satisfied (any name brand of chips you enjoy).

Something we've enjoyed, and had the option to not eat if we chose.

This on the otherhand is a serving of plain old rice cakes.
LoL...well said, noshun.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #318
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

That was terrible. So far non of the vids got me excited. Very very bland game it seems.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #319
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
No I'm going to go off what they show. I'm not blindly spending money on a company that shows time and time again that they will have their people hype up their stuff, only to disappoint and then get mad at people telling them that they disappointed.
I never meant that.

You mentioned Madden and NBA Live in past tense.

My point, is, shouldn't we(not necessarily you) wait until this Madden is out before we play judge and jury right now. Just because someone got upset over the internet that will stand in the way of someone renting or buying a game?

What if presentation and game play are all good except for the half-time and extra-point show. Is that a deal breaker and no rental?
Old 06-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #320
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drocks

Good points and agree with all of the above.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »