Home

Madden NFL 10 Video: Dolphins @ Raiders (Chase @ E3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Video: Dolphins @ Raiders (Chase @ E3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 10 Video: Dolphins @ Raiders (Chase @ E3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalise89
ONLY CONCERN: the raiders guy drops the interception like nothing, the ball was right in his hand as he jumped on the route, how and why does this always happen year after year so easy, the pros hardly miss the ones that they jump routes on. come on
True that, I hate how such a poorly thrown pass can be JUMPED by the CB and they drop it!?
Old 06-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
Watching both these videos of Madden 10 is like night and day... they MUST have different versions of the Madden 10 game at E3. That is why we are seeing a lot of things that remind us of Madden 09.
They only have one build at E3. They wouldn't take different builds that were so different. My guess is the biggest difference was the difficulty rating, and the fact that the Gametrailers vid was user vs. user.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 5

Madden confirms it: Breakout season for Teddy Ginn.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 06:12 PM   #76
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

OK, just got to the airport, where I will now be for quite some time (left a bit early from E3 because I didn't want to deal with the Lakers-Magic/rush hour LA traffic).

First off, everyone take a few deep breaths....I'll wait.

OK, feel better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
In all the videos, especially the Bronco ones, the QB has 5-7 seconds to throw. Is this due to the level they are playing on? Because if not, this is a HUGE problem. I hope it is level based or can be adjusted before August.

C
I've seen similar forms of this question come up throughout the threads, so just want to bring it up. I am pretty sure the Phins video is on Pro, but regardless, my understanding is that this part of the game is still being tuned a bit. On All-Pro there was more pressure on the QB on a more consistent basis, and I think some of the videos that will be coming over the weekend will show that -- I'd upload them now but the airport Internet makes it not worth the attempt.

There are still some instances where you have 5-7 seconds in the pocket on All-Pro, and I certainly think those should be pretty rare, but I also think EA realizes this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
I really like the videos, but seriously tell Chase to let the cutscenes roll and get the videos longer.

We want to see some presentation, not just him choosing the same play over and over and trying to cheese. Really play the game!
If you're talking about the GameTrailers video, that obviously isn't me. If you're talking about the Phins/Raiders video, that also isn't me! Bryan (PastaPadre) was playing as the Phins in that video. He = the garbo bum.

The video length is pretty much going to be around 2-2:30 mins. It's just easier to upload them onto the server when they are around that length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Okay, so......

Good vid? I don't think so.

First, a small good thing is the footspeed definitely seems to differentiate between players, and be heavily ratings based. And the new speed sliders could possibly even make the overall footspeed more realistic.

But, I didn't see not one 3-man gangtackle. I wasn't aware PRO-TAK is suppose to turn guys into Superman. They do a great imitation of him. Too bad they don't keep their feet on the ground, and pursue the tackle better.

Not one 3-man gangtackle, even! Forget 9-man tackles. Where was a/any 3-man tackle?! That vid looked straight like 09. That's a tough vid to watch.

WTF happened to PRO-TAK???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Relax, they are in there. Once again, breathe in some delicious oxygen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
They only have one build at E3. They wouldn't take different builds that were so different. My guess is the biggest difference was the difficulty rating, and the fact that the Gametrailers vid was user vs. user.
There were different builds on different days of the show, but I think it just cleaned up some of the graphical stuff and some in-game hitching. For example, the first day the PS3 version was really slow frame-rate wise, but then it was normal on the second day. Also on the first day both games would hitch and stop for a moment at various points, and on the second day I didn't notice that either.

You definitely can get a little more pressure user vs. user, but as I said before, my understanding is that they are still tuning the AI when it comes to this situation.

A final note. I'm not here to tell you guys how to feel, but generally you will get a better response all around when you can point out some good and some bad, rather than just pile on or WRITE LIKE THIS TO POINT OUT RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 25

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 30
ChaseB - That's whussup. Now just hurry up and get yo *** home and upload dem damn vids! Lol. Just messin'...But seriously, hurry. Lol. Good post.

And the point about piling on and the rage caps needs to be adhered to. I made a very sarcastic showing up of a couple folks up here that almost got me banned but I was trying to make a point and knew the consequences. Sometimes, I can be subtle then other times, I can hurt feelings. That's the Libra balance in me. Lol. Bottom line, people need to stop with the all out hate in their posts. Nothing wrong with a little constructive criticism but some people have no clue of how to speak positively, as well, and just complain about every little thing.

Oh, about the PS3 version, good to know something was cleaned up because I had heard that the PS3 was behind the 360 in visuals at the point of the IGN hands-on report. I really am fearing a repeat of the Madden 08 deal. That was sickening and cost me extra money than it should have.

Anywayz, keep up the good work. I cannot wait for the other vids u post. That Gametrailers vid was hands down the BEST Madden 10 vid I've seen. My mouth was watering, almost literally.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:09 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 2
Why is Ricky Williams so skinny? He's built like a wide receiver in this vid.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 2
After the opening kickoff I saw the Raider player walk through the players standing on the sidelines as if they were ghosts! I see they still haven't fixed this problem! How hard is it to get some collision detection for the sidelines? They should also add collision detection for the endzone pylons. It's almost 2010 & we shouldn't have players walking through anything with all the technology we have at our disposal. Sorry to nitpick but this has bugged me for years with Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »