Home

Gran Turismo 5 Vs. Forza Motorsport 3 (Blend Games)

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 5 Vs. Forza Motorsport 3 (Blend Games) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2009, 06:00 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Gran Turismo 5 Vs. Forza Motorsport 3 (Blend Games)

Blend Games have posted their comparisons between Gran Turismo 5 and Forza Motorsport 3.

Quote:
"Microsoft blew everyone away with the debut of Forza Motorsport 3 this past Monday. The Forza community put together an amazing montage of jaw-dropping car skills that seriously looked real. Sony followed up MS’s dropping of the gauntlet by unveiling an equally, and even more-so, impressive montage of Gran Turismo 5.

Now, this is more like a preliminary bout for the best racing sim out there. Before laying down any money on a console of choice for a specific racer, you might want to know what both games will have to offer."
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Gran Tourismo 5 is set to ship in the middle of 2010. Wasn't it originally supposed to come out a few years ago? We may end up comparing it to Forza 4 by the time it actually ships.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #3
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
Polyphony Digital actually said GT5 is ready to be released, they are now polishing and polishing to make the final product perfect. I do believe Forza 3 will be a brilliant game, but I also believe that GT5 will knock it's socks off.

I think GT5 will be the best racing game ever. If they can make the racing as competitive as in prologue it will be an awesome game. With their visuals, now official WRC and NASCAR licenses, added damage etc. Forza 3 will struggle to beat that.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Vs. Forza Motorsport 3 (Blend Games)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Blend Games have posted their comparisons between Gran Turismo 5 and Forza Motorsport 3.

are you trying to start a fan war steve!
haha jk
personally i only own a ps3 soo of course im getting gt5 but if i owned a xbox still i would only go with one racing game and that is gt5
i am not a nascar fan and i just found out they had that in the game hilarious.
but yea rally racing,drift trials,wayyyy more cars,online,logitech g25 racewheel full support (that racewheel is made for ps2,ps3, and pc only) soo it is a must buy for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhungis
Gran Tourismo 5 is set to ship in the middle of 2010. Wasn't it originally supposed to come out a few years ago? We may end up comparing it to Forza 4 by the time it actually ships.
personally i dont care how long they take with the game there is plenty of other great games to keep me occupied untill gt5 comes out personally i mean look at grand theft auto 4 they delayed that game twice i beileve and to me it is still the best game on ps3. soo patience my friend wait it out! i hear a lot of people on forums about gt5 complaining about the release date i hate that. just let the man do his job he obviously knows something we dont.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:05 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Polyphony Digital actually said GT5 is ready to be released, they are now polishing and polishing to make the final product perfect. I do believe Forza 3 will be a brilliant game, but I also believe that GT5 will knock it's socks off.

I think GT5 will be the best racing game ever. If they can make the racing as competitive as in prologue it will be an awesome game. With their visuals, now official WRC and NASCAR licenses, added damage etc. Forza 3 will struggle to beat that.
i had a question about the WRC in GT5 are the tracks they make like circular lap tracks with other cars you are trying to outrace or are they like the real rally where its just one loooong track start to finish one car at a time get the best time kinda deal? i am hoping they did that for gt5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 09:24 AM   #6
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

If I have to bet on it, I'll say it's a course with more than one car racing, though I hope since it's the official WRC license they have that their events are similar to real life WRC events with the time based competition going on.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:57 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
If I have to bet on it, I'll say it's a course with more than one car racing, though I hope since it's the official WRC license they have that their events are similar to real life WRC events with the time based competition going on.
yea i just looked at some wrc races on youtube none of them have a circuit race with laps they were all one long trail i dont think it would be very sim of gt5 to say they have the wrc liscense and not do what the real wrc does.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #8
Rookie

jms493's Arena

OVR: 12

Forza 3 will have more features and be more immersive. They have been doing damage for years and their damage will be much better than GT's.

PLus almost everyone loves customizing your cars.......we cant do that in GT....which pisses me off!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »