Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #281
MVP

OVR: 31
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
Definitely have a right to your opinion, but what is it that you were looking for in this game? If you are looking for the simulation side of golf, then spend more time with it and tune your clubs, get advanced or expert clubs, don't get your attributes to high and play in some of the hardest conditions and you will likely find it extremely challenging. If you have done all that and don't think the game is worth it, then you are obviously a much better player than myself and many others.

I agree that the game is lacking in some areas, but I have been very pleased with it considering I haven't been able to leave Links2004 since, well, 2004.

On a side note, I literally have only rented a TW game here and there since Links2004 and now that I actually am playing TW, I find the swing stick to be about 10x more sensitive than Links in terms of swing path. Links I could easily hit 100% of the fairways. With TW I am not even close to that. I am sure I will get better but I will just continue to tune clubs if I need to.
Maybe I need to give it more time, but so far it doesn't seem like it is going to hold my attention any longer than any other previous TW game I've played.

Don't get me wrong, they've made some nice improvements. And I'm definitely not saying it is too easy for me. But IMO, there's not enough newness to the game to justify a purchase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 12:17 PM   #282
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
How's the career\season mode for the PS3\360 version. The Wii is incredibly shallow and boring and there is not really a proper season mode and the leaderboard only shows the top 7 people and there are no stats of any kind to show how you rate against the other AI golfers.

Is there full stats and is it actually a real season mode or do they give you stupid objectives and dont' allow you to play the majors right away unless you get some stupid ranking like the Wii.
The Sesaon/Career mode is pretty deep in terms of stats. There are no objectives like you are describing for the Wii. It's basically the same setup that previous TW games for PS2/Xbox/PS3/360 have had. I haven't played the Wii version, but from what you said, the Wii version is a lot different than the 360/PS3 Season/Career mode.

One note though...it seems as though CPU golfers in the Season/Career mode are shooting lower-than-normal scores for all versions of TW 10.

I have seen four-round scores in the -30 range and have had AI golfers shoot rounds as low as 58 on a course that has a total par of 70. I play on the 360.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #283
MVP

OVR: 6

I'm thinking of getting the ps3 version. I have the wii game but can't get on the tv because of the kids. My ps3 is hooked up to the monitor though so i'll be fine there.

How long does a round take as theres no save ?

Are the cpu scores realistic as i'll play mostly offline career ?

I don't want rubberband ai like the wii version or the cpu getting scores in the 50's all the time.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #284
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfunk880
Maybe I need to give it more time, but so far it doesn't seem like it is going to hold my attention any longer than any other previous TW game I've played.

Don't get me wrong, they've made some nice improvements. And I'm definitely not saying it is too easy for me. But IMO, there's not enough newness to the game to justify a purchase.
I understand 100%. I played GTA 2 and GTA 3 to death. Didn't get San Andreas but got GTA4 and while it seemed to be a huge improvement in a lot of areas, I couldn't get into it. Just felt like the same ol', same ol'. With TW, I haven't played one since the xbox days so it is still new to me. So I get what you are saying. Some games just have a way of doing that especially when the core gameplay hasn't been changed much.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:19 AM   #285
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Loving the tour challenge mode so far,that's pretty much what I rented it for from the demo. Not a fan of the stat increase system. If you're bad you're only going to get worse and since I'm not much of a golf person I'm concerned I won't be able to get anywhere. Not doing bad so far though but I'm also not sure if my stats are going up by doing these challenges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #286
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
If you're bad you're only going to get worse and since I'm not much of a golf person I'm concerned I won't be able to get anywhere.
No, not if you take the practice drills that Hank Haney advises after some Tournament Challenges and after ALL PGA TOUR Season events....
Old 06-22-2009, 03:11 PM   #287
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Exactly. My first impressions of the game weren't great as the game is in fact lacking depth. But now that I've got expert clubs, I can honestly say between the putting and the club tuning, this is the toughest golf game I've ever played. I'm now having to tune my clubs' sweetspot back up because I can't say on the course at this point. The Club Tuner is a terrific tool, maybe the best feature ever in a video golf game.
In four tries, I have yet to make a tournament cut. LOL

Now that's challenging.

And that's what golf is supposed to be.

If they fixed the announcers (aka, lined both of them up and shot them), allowed us to create our own tourneys (with full customization and online stuff), created more options (I don't like equipment boosts, I should be able to turn them off), etc... this game would go beyond great.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #288
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
In four tries, I have yet to make a tournament cut. LOL

Now that's challenging.

And that's what golf is supposed to be.

If they fixed the announcers (aka, lined both of them up and shot them), allowed us to create our own tourneys (with full customization and online stuff), created more options (I don't like equipment boosts, I should be able to turn them off), etc... this game would go beyond great.
I must be playing a different game...I have won every Season mode event i have played. In TOUR Pro difficulty. I still feel challenged because I am not winning tournaments by 10-20 strokes like I was in TW09. Online though, I am not as good and find all the challenge I want there.

Agree with the announcer criticisms as they aren't as good as Feherty and McCord.....and customizable online tournaments are a great idea and something I have been recommending to TW Devs...

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »