Home

NHL 2K10: First Look (IGN)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10: First Look (IGN) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2009, 06:29 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: NHL 2K10: First Look (IGN)

Heres my take Plus Minus +/-
Wow if they really fixed the graphics as shown GREAT ! as last years game was really bad players wise but in fairness they had a short time to develop it .
Im always leary of this lately with 2k player models because the final product never looks what is shown MLB series ect.
So intil I see in game action thats undetermined.
I really prefer pick up and play controls I mean I just wanna play Hockey not have to study a manual and practice to score gimmic goals like in EA at times.
I hope 2k less is less up/down but fighting was perfect.
When I play EA I use there hybrid controls anyway so I can use buttons to pass (to each his own).
Well I buy both each year last year 2k first cause it came out first but I really like EA style overall plus the makers seem to care a bit more and 2k seems to go after the Wii market but I also love the freedom 2k gives us, always had a playoff mode , season play , control all rosters play any game .
Well heres hoping both games do well I think I gave myself a headache
Old 06-22-2009, 12:51 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

A 2K producer named Tris10 revealed that there will be online franchises:

You can't see it in this thread because apparently that was a feature that shouldn't have been released yet.
But guys on 2khockey.net saw it and confirmed it.

So now you can have a full 30 team online dynasty with 29 of your buddies. Everyone's trading, drafting, etc.
That sounds really cool.

http://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/s...d.php?t=150360
Old 06-22-2009, 05:03 PM   #19
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

As excellent as that render of Ovechkin looks, right now I'm not jumping to any conclusions about the in-game graphics. It's a render, nothing more...it reminds me of the Tim Lincecum render 2K released before they revealed information about MLB 2K9. I'll believe those graphics when I see them.

On the other hand, some encouraging words, as it seems both first-look reports we've seen so far have claimed 2K has gone back and fixed some nagging issues, but what those "issues" are remain to be seen. The bit about the AI adapting to a multiplayer situation certainly seems intriguing...in a co-op situation, will it individually key on each player's positioning and try to break up any sort of teamwork between both players (e.g. breaking up the player-controlled odd-man rushes)?

The barebones Gamestop fact sheet kinda tipped this off but it also seems 2K is amplifying the authenticity this year..."team intros" can mean anything, but can it mean SPECIFIC team intros? Sharks skating through the shark head? Oilers skating underneath the oil rig? Sabretooth rapelling down from the rafters before playoff games...OK, probably not that one...but encouraging nonetheless.

But, like everyone, I'm looking to get past the vagueness and see some concrete info in the next few weeks.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:21 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
As excellent as that render of Ovechkin looks, right now I'm not jumping to any conclusions about the in-game graphics. It's a render, nothing more...it reminds me of the Tim Lincecum render 2K released before they revealed information about MLB 2K9. I'll believe those graphics when I see them.

On the other hand, some encouraging words, as it seems both first-look reports we've seen so far have claimed 2K has gone back and fixed some nagging issues, but what those "issues" are remain to be seen. The bit about the AI adapting to a multiplayer situation certainly seems intriguing...in a co-op situation, will it individually key on each player's positioning and try to break up any sort of teamwork between both players (e.g. breaking up the player-controlled odd-man rushes)?

The barebones Gamestop fact sheet kinda tipped this off but it also seems 2K is amplifying the authenticity this year..."team intros" can mean anything, but can it mean SPECIFIC team intros? Sharks skating through the shark head? Oilers skating underneath the oil rig? Sabretooth rapelling down from the rafters before playoff games...OK, probably not that one...but encouraging nonetheless.

But, like everyone, I'm looking to get past the vagueness and see some concrete info in the next few weeks.
I'm thinking the same thing. We have been down this road with 2k. We'll just have to wait and see when the game releases or we get more info.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 47

If this game had the shark head and the players skate through it. this game will be the best. Especially if they play seek and destroy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #22
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

If there are specific team intros in this game that will take presentation to an all new level. I truly hope they fix the franchise bugs, like CPU signing it's own free agents. The only team I want to control is the New Jersey Devils.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:42 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
If there are specific team intros in this game that will take presentation to an all new level. I truly hope they fix the franchise bugs, like CPU signing it's own free agents. The only team I want to control is the New Jersey Devils.
Agreed, team specific intros would be pretty awesome. I do hope if they went the effort to do that, they also made an effort to clean up the commentary and made it sound more professional and less corny sounding. "thanks for that intermision report! good job buddy!" so very lame.

God I really hope we get a good hockey game out of 2k this year.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:33 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Agreed, team specific intros would be pretty awesome. I do hope if they went the effort to do that, they also made an effort to clean up the commentary and made it sound more professional and less corny sounding. "thanks for that intermision report! good job buddy!" so very lame.

God I really hope we get a good hockey game out of 2k this year.
That is basically what you get with Drew and Randy! They are better live, but they still get on those stupid lines. I hope they can it all up this year. Even on replay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »