Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-25-2009, 06:00 PM   #313
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger
They should implement the Links system for gridless greens - an aiming stick which has a 'shadow' in the direction of the slope and short or long according to the severity of the slope. You move the aiming stick along the line of the putt and form a good idea of any undulations, no grid required. I think this system is unimprovable for video golf where no amount of graphical enhancement can give you a reliable read of the greens.
yes. THIS. Please.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #314
Rookie

ThomasP's Arena

OVR: 6

Didn't want to start a new thread, please, how do you change weather option in career mode from random to live? Thanks
Old 06-25-2009, 07:18 PM   #315
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasP
Didn't want to start a new thread, please, how do you change weather option in career mode from random to live? Thanks
At the beginning of the season only. And once year one is finished, you get to choose your weather options again, before starting year two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2009, 08:47 PM   #316
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Try using the right bumper to see the green at ground level and pay attention to how the ball reacts once it hits the green to get an idea of how the slope is around each hole. I shot E today on the Extreme and left about 6 shots on the course....I am really digging gridless rounds so much I am about to employ it for my PGA TOUR Season....
Anyhoo, I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. I had a case of the shanks today in my Single-Try Daily (I was DFL on the leaderboard when I finished ) They carried over into the EXTREME and when I shanked my tee shot OB on the first tee, I flew hot and hit the quit button... not realizing the finality of what my hissy was costing me

I've been using the "low" view via the right bumper and it works for me to some extent. If the slope isn't subtle I can see it overall, but if there's a multiple or variable break, I just flat don't see it. I missed about four putts in yesterday's round where I totally misread the direction of the break.

I'll admit to not being as attentive as I should be to how the ball reacts when it hits the greens. I should get some pretty good information because I'm currently only hitting 56% of the greens in regulation (20% sweetspot irons own me!). I miss a lot of them badly enough to require a lot of 20 to 30 yard pitches. I deloft pitch shots a lot of the time to make them roll like real life pitch shots, so I'm probably getting more data there that I'm simply not paying the right sort of attention to.... I'm bad about hitting the fast forward button!

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 06-25-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:19 PM   #317
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
1. I've been using the "low" view via the right bumper and it works for me to some extent. If the slope isn't subtle I can see it overall, but if there's a multiple or variable break, I just flat don't see it. I missed about four putts in yesterday's round where I totally misread the direction of the break.

2. I'll admit to not being as attentive as I should be to how the ball reacts when it hits the greens. I should get some pretty good information because I'm currently only hitting 56% of the greens in regulation (20% sweetspot irons own me!). I miss a lot of them badly enough to require a lot of 20 to 30 yard pitches. I deloft pitch shots a lot of the time to make them roll like real life pitch shots, so I'm probably getting more data there that I'm simply not paying the right sort of attention to.... I'm bad about hitting the fast forward button!
1. Speed is so crucial when putting with no grids. I have turned the grids off in my Season mode and it is just so much more challenging. The better I judge the speed, the better my results in making putts or comeback lengths.

2. I went all over the place with my clubs, but the last thing I have tried is the Expert clubs, backing off on the distance to where I have a 30% sweetspot on drivers, fairway woods and irons. I can sacrifice some distance, it is the mi****s that kill me and 30% seems to be my "sweetspot" for playability and challenge.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:52 PM   #318
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I just started playing career mode, and I got the game on release day. I've spent all this time practicing (and unlocking courses). It's taken this long and this much practice to get my +20 scores down into the +5 range. Most of that practicing involved putting, which I still haven't come close to mastering. The game is tough this year and requires patience. And FYI: I set my weather to Live Weather instead of Random, even though I don't have Live and therefore the game doesn't update it. I've played several rounds so far and have yet to see a raindrop -- it's all blue skies.
1 week rental,I've only gotten worse and I can't be online with the 360 all the time if I can even use the weather thing without gold. But my point was that it wasn't beginner or casual friendly and there should be options to make it as such.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:06 AM   #319
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
But my point was that it wasn't beginner or casual friendly and there should be options to make it as such.
Playing on Tour level with Precision putting and no meter is tough, yes. But you can play on Amateur and use Classic putting, and shoot -10 every round if you enjoy that sort of thing.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #320
MVP

OVR: 18

This game is flat out awesome. I haven't played a TW game that has been this good and a long time.

Quick question for those who play online, is there anywhere to see your individual record against friends that you play?

We always have a group of 4 and I'd like to see how I stack up against each of them individually instead of just seeing that my online record is 6-4 or whatever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »