Home

NHL 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360 & PS3)

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360 & PS3) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 11:27 AM   #65
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NHL 10 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeberg
I don't think there is anything wrong with the strategy, but something about it just doesn't look right. I think it has something to do with the skating/momentum engine. A CPU player will be steaming along and as a defender, whilst playing good position, you go to meet him at the blue line, the CPU player will spin on a dime to regroup. Then he'll start to run into some of the back-checking forwards and do a couple more spins and then dump the puck in.
That does sound kind of goofy and I think I remember seeing something similar in one of the gameplay vids. I'm not going to bother talking about the skating & momentum again and will save it for a more appropriate time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Agreed 100%. I'm also noticing that player seperation is there big time. Smaller players aren't going to floor guys to the ice on a regular basis and even with a larger checking player you really need to line up a hit well or you still just may graze the guy. Its the same thing with puck handling, unskilled puckhandlers WILL lose the puck if you try to turn too fast or deke too much.
Are you seeing that with CPU players as well? Will CPU Lilja turn it over on quick moves or a difficult break-out pass (to use Ridgeberg's example)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #66
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

I want live...

Uhm...so the impressions are really great. Glad to see Realm fallin' in love with it.

I have a question...I'm not gonna have Live for a week or so, but my neighbor has Live. I was wondering if I took MY hard drive over to his house, could I DL the demo onto my hard drive???
Old 08-20-2009, 11:40 AM   #67
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejacketsfan
Anyone know why this isnt on the PS3 yet? Just checked demos and it only had NHL 08 and 09.

Is it hard to score and do cross crease? Is fighting hard? Is board pinning hard? Ugh so many questions that I can't find out myself
I don't know anything about the rumor for the 27th on PS3, but I do know the Thurs. updates for the Playstation Store aren't usually 'til about 5PM Eastern.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricap
PSN store updates at 7:00PM EST for me. If you really don't want to wait create a European account, which should get you the game by around 2:00PM EST.
thanks I didnt know the TIME but I did it last year with nba live.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #69
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace

I want live...

Uhm...so the impressions are really great. Glad to see Realm fallin' in love with it.

I have a question...I'm not gonna have Live for a week or so, but my neighbor has Live. I was wondering if I took MY hard drive over to his house, could I DL the demo onto my hard drive???
HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO!!!!

Anyone???
Old 08-20-2009, 11:52 AM   #70
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

I don't see why not as it has your account on it-- actually you may need to "recover" your GT first... but it should work

Anyway.. I like it. Neat little touches have been added - like taking shots at the goalie after the whistle, the AI players will go after you.. just had one where I hit a guy after my goalie covered the puck - his teammate came in and pelted me.. needless to say, there was offsetting penalties called..
Old 08-20-2009, 11:53 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce Robot
Realm how are the puck physics mate!!! Especially when a wicked shot has been wired on goal, it just seems to come alive after hitting the goalie. Not every shot mind (goalies certainly glove shots) but the loose puck physics at the goal are leaps ahead of 09.

I scored a great goal in desperation by just firing on net, the goalie had it tracked but it hit the leg of the only defender in the crease took a deflection and went in and it all looked like the real thing.

Alright, time to sleep.
In a word? The best they've been in the NHL series thus far imo. I can't count how many goal mouth scrambles in front of the net I'm seeing with the puck making crazy deflections off skates, sticks, posts etc.

Being able to wind up and blast away on a loose puck without first gaining control of it was so desperately needed as an addition as well. Whats even more satisfying? almost getting hauled down on a breakaway, stumbling and wiring it top shelf. Just had it happen to me after a good 20 or so games, Dupuis got nearly hauled down on a breakaway where I was able to make a breakout pass while catching the CPU on a bad line change and he stumbled to his knees and wired it over Osgood's glove. Next face off the CPU gets it deep into my zone, gets a great shot on goal on the ensuing rebound Kopecky tries to bat it in, and Fluery spins around with the blocker to knock the puck to the corner.

Every game I'm seeing little plays like that its just unbelievable how good the game feels this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 11:53 AM   #72
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO!!!!

Anyone???
Yes it should work just like a memory card

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »