Home

NHL 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360 & PS3)

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360 & PS3) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #73
Pro

Nomah5's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NHL 10 Demo Impressions

I'm enjoying the demo allot. I'm a new hockey fan and nhl 09 was the first game since the genesis days i played hockey. the show 09 and every other game has taken a back seat to nhl 09 since I bought it. With that said nhl 10---HELL YES. LOVE it. The best part---Cant score!! I have played 3 games and only scored an empty net goal. LOL. The physics are great and so love board play.
The only concern I have--it seems there is so much talk of dump and chase plays. The cpu does that allot as well. Is that the only way to play the game this year? Maybe too much emphasis was put on that? I know I am no longer able to play nhl 09 from this day on!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #74
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
Yes it should work just like a memory card
*clears throat*

Thank You.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #75
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
In a word? The best they've been in the NHL series thus far imo. I can't count how many goal mouth scrambles in front of the net I'm seeing with the puck making crazy deflections off skates, sticks, posts etc.

Being able to wind up and blast away on a loose puck without first gaining control of it was so desperately needed as an addition as well. Whats even more satisfying? almost getting hauled down on a breakaway, stumbling and wiring it top shelf. Just had it happen to me after a good 20 or so games, Dupuis got nearly hauled down on a breakaway where I was able to make a breakout pass while catching the CPU on a bad line change and he stumbled to his knees and wired it over Osgood's glove. Next face off the CPU gets it deep into my zone, gets a great shot on goal on the ensuing rebound Kopecky tries to bat it in, and Fluery spins around with the blocker to knock the puck to the corner.

Every game I'm seeing little plays like that its just unbelievable how good the game feels this year.
Realm...this is more than I can take...not being able to play this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 11:59 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
That does sound kind of goofy and I think I remember seeing something similar in one of the gameplay vids. I'm not going to bother talking about the skating & momentum again and will save it for a more appropriate time.

Are you seeing that with CPU players as well? Will CPU Lilja turn it over on quick moves or a difficult break-out pass (to use Ridgeberg's example)?
Pretty much, the cpu players do the same. I've seen the cpu Lilja try and make bad breakout passes that I've been able to pick off. I do still think the cpu makes too many tape to tape passes at times, but I'd imagine being able to tweak the cpu passing slider in the full version should at least tone it down a bit. On the whole with regards to the CPU AI handling the puck Its much better than it is in 09 but could use further tweaking. At any rate it "feels" better than it did in 09. Especially with the addition of board play if the cpu is trying to play keep away in your defensive zone, pin and get that puck away. You have alot more defensive options available this year.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #77
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
thanks I didnt know the TIME but I did it last year with nba live.
I just checked the list for the UK and it is not there for the ps3.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/...h-august-2009/
Old 08-20-2009, 12:01 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjones
In BAP Mode, can u change your line strategies at all? Either, on-the-fly or pause menu? Last year u was stuck on Overload, Behind the net, or Crash, ect. I hated that.
In BAP Mode, can u change your line strategies at all?
Old 08-20-2009, 12:06 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I just checked the list for the UK and it is not there for the ps3.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/...h-august-2009/
If correct it will be up at 2pm Est
Old 08-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #80
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace

I want live...

Uhm...so the impressions are really great. Glad to see Realm fallin' in love with it.

I have a question...I'm not gonna have Live for a week or so, but my neighbor has Live. I was wondering if I took MY hard drive over to his house, could I DL the demo onto my hard drive???
Only if he lets you. I'd ask him before doing it, though.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »