Home

NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2009, 05:32 AM   #225
Pro

OVR: 22
Awesome that EA did this amazing turnaround in one year, and didnīt just PR their game to greatness with VIP treatment of key members and hyping personel changes. Looking good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 07:36 AM   #226
Cold & Cocky

frostbyte06's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2

Loving the vid, this level of control is going to be gangsta, however why is everybody beating up on the hometeam (Grizz) in their highlights...lol. Keep doing what you do, the community appreciates it.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:40 AM   #227
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
Thanks for making my decision on which game to purchase much more difficult Czar.

But seriously, first year in ages that its probably going to come down to the last day, so I'm not making any pre-orders. Probably will get both titles down the line, but only one will come home on release date, so we'll see.

And as always, incredible work.
For me, it made my decision a no-brainer
Old 09-10-2009, 08:23 AM   #228
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
For me, it made my decision a no-brainer
When i heard about mike wang working deep into nba live 10 when it was first talked about i was sold
Old 09-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #229
Rookie

Check out the comments on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJo4fyBTQfU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF2Pf...eature=related
Old 09-10-2009, 09:21 AM   #230
Rookie

And check this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF2Pf...eature=related

Around 5:02 you see how sto took that jumper and was moveing back still dude to the moment....Did yall notice that? INSANE!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #231
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Exactly my point. No biggie or gamekiller, just a different brand of player control. Lives rise from the ashes is going to be based on that change I think. Right on cue, 2K has taken away control while EA has added to it...and I think ALOT of people are going to jump ship based on that fact.

Very shrewd plan of attack by Beluba and co.
What up H. See I feel exactly the opposite. I have watched all of the videos and the Czar breakdowns. I have noticed that when you are using the controls for the players, they all seem to have the same ability based on the stick movements. In other words, both Carmelo and I believe it was either brandon roy or the point guard for houston look exactly the same. The same hop/hitch movement. Now if we as players can control every aspect of the players dribble moves then what differentiates the players? It becomes basically an arcade/and one 1 type game with NBA players.

The real point is, are the players mapped to the stick or are the sticks mapped to the players? If the stick is mapped to the player then Tony Parker won't look like skip to my lue, and Chris Paul won't look like Baron Davis, simply because I have the control as a player to pull off stick moves. I will be confined to the actual ability of the player(even if they play the same position) rather than stick skills. That is how it should be.

If the player is mapped to the stick, then the game is basically an arcade/and one bounce fest. If Tony Parker can pull off Baron Davis like ankle breakers then that is not realistic.

I should be able to control a player based upon that players ability. Also, I like the way 2k exhibits the "control the player but watch what happens" type game play. Simply put, in 2k9 there are certain spots on the court that will activate a Kobe move (if you are playing with Kobe bryant). I don't want to be able to control everything that Kobe does, why? because in real life Kobe doesn't control everything that Kobe does. I like to be surprised with a move that my 2k Kobe does, rather than control all of his movements or shots. To me that is a better approach.

Do you understand what I am saying?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #232
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

I love the fact that we can control everything in Live and I never really liked the whole "control the player but watch what happens" in 2K.

IDK I feel like when something is pulled of in Live 10 its going feel so much better to me knowing I made everything happen.

Some people like that style in 2K but I have never liked it. Besides all the player momentum and weight is going to make sure their is difference between BD and TP.

So in theory they maybe able to do the same moves but with one player certain moves may be more effective. Which is something Czar alluded to in his preview each player feels different so you have to change your dribbling style accordingly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »