Home

NCAA Basketball 10 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 10 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3/360) within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2009, 10:42 PM   #113
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Basketball 10 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360)

It's funny how when something is new everyone is in love ......
after the honeymoon is over than we get real impression......

My score of the demo would be 7.9 what will make it higher is a tight dynasty mode in the retail version!!!!!

Sorry definately not a 2k8 killer but a good start.....
Old 11-05-2009, 10:51 PM   #114
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni

It's fun...don't get me wrong...but something about EA sports attempts at animating Basketball moves just irks me.

The shooting animations pale in comparison to both NBA 2k and College Hoops 2k IMO. They just seem a tad jerky and "off" to me. Not as realistic looking as the 2k series.
This is definitely something that I've noticed and disliked about Live/NCAA. The animations just aren't on par with the other game's animations. They are getting better though.

One thing I have to say is automatic boxouts are kind of annoying.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:33 AM   #115
Rookie

Zeppelin8's Arena

OVR: 8
Unhappy Re: NCAA Basketball 10 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360)

I wonder if CPU takes bad shots against all zone schemes?

I understand that they do against 2-3. Even if the ''CPU against zone turnovers'' is fixed, we still can't play 2-3 zone because CPU takes bad shots ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 01:09 AM   #116
Rookie

jcofor25's Arena

OVR: 8

Along with BlueNGold & AuburnAlumni, I haven't really like EA's basketball animations. While they have improved drastically since MM08, its still not smooth enough. Its seems like there is a fluid animation then it goes back to programming. They have the presentation down packed, but the gameplay still needs some work.
EA has definitely raised the bar for sports games that are looking to encorporte networks graphics(aren't they the only one?). I really really really like the personal info overlay at the freethrow line. When it gets 4-5 years down the road in legacy, I really start to get to know the players on the team (hometown, first AND last names, and now major?!?).

I thought I would never ever hear two different sets on commentary in the same game. This helps keep you from hearing the same commentary over and over and over and over...(Madden 10 is notorious for this!!!!)
On the graphics side of the game its beautiful, but if your looking for a 2k CHoops replacement, you might want to keep this one on the bench until next year(no pun intended)
Old 11-06-2009, 01:14 AM   #117
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

unimpressed.

-crowds appear to be loud and not so loud at random. theres a strange looping effect I hear, as if the sound is always on, at a very low level. Its very hard to describe but it tends to hurt my eears if you zone in on it
-tons and tons of sound and actual frame hiccups as someone else mentioned here. It almost makes the game unplayable. I had two jumpshots basically FREEZE in midshot. Is this a demo issue?
-fouls seem random as I go into the paint
-lots of robotic blocks/contextual foul animations
-FTs IMPOSSIBLE on All-American. way too fast

its a fun game and ill give it its due as I do all games, but please play the demo and take your own word. youll hear varying reports, from the best game ever, to just above mediocre. yet noone is wrong. so take that word of caution ps3 fans

Last edited by RubenDouglas; 11-06-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:15 AM   #118
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcofor25
Along with BlueNGold & AuburnAlumni, I haven't really like EA's basketball animations. While they have improved drastically since MM08, its still not smooth enough. Its seems like there is a fluid animation then it goes back to programming. They have the presentation down packed, but the gameplay still needs some work.
EA has definitely raised the bar for sports games that are looking to encorporte networks graphics(aren't they the only one?). I really really really like the personal info overlay at the freethrow line. When it gets 4-5 years down the road in legacy, I really start to get to know the players on the team (hometown, first AND last names, and now major?!?).

I thought I would never ever hear two different sets on commentary in the same game. This helps keep you from hearing the same commentary over and over and over and over...(Madden 10 is notorious for this!!!!)
On the graphics side of the game its beautiful, but if your looking for a 2k CHoops replacement, you might want to keep this one on the bench until next year(no pun intended)
Is it me or are there no stat layovers for pts scored for individual players?

Did anyone else notice that the players on the bench don't have numbers, I hope this just a demo thing because it looks bad.

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 11-06-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:22 AM   #119
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
I didn't understand the whole motion offense deal when I heard about it. Now that I tried it wow it's pretty cool. Presentation is very good. Really not feeling the commentary however. Obviously plays alot like live which is a good thing IMO. I gave up on live pretty early because 2k was really good. However I had to shelf 2k till the patch because of the framerate issues which I'm very glad happened. I got into live and started to really appreciate alot of the good stuff that's in there. Don't get me wrong 2k is going back in at 2am pst but I'm happy to say it looks like I'll get to enjoy ea basketball as well judging by the demo. Please don't eff up dynasty.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:35 AM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 7

I have bought this title every single year, but I thought that might change this year. However, I think the demo might have pulled me back to purchase mode. It might be difficult going back and forth from 2k10 to this throughout the year but might change with time....Hey I made it work last year.

Good: CBS presentation was very nice especially the starting lineups, the crowd was insane and it was actually a challenge to shoot free throws on the road, the refs were really animated on some calls like they do in real life (might seem small but was a nice touch especially for true hoopas like me), Offensive movement was on point and the motion plays were a nice touch, commentary was not silent at times like it was in the videos, cpu finally doesn't suck anymore, etc.

Bad: A lot of the blocks look like poo, there is still that invisible wall between players (when a block should occur or contact should be made but doesn't happen ), the main screen is exactly the same as lasy year (they just changed the player).....man I hate that outdoor court.......the one like 2 or three years ago was okay but not this one, seems like you can abuse the turbo button all game because stamina is non-existent, players sometimes travel when contact is made (nothing is called and a 3 point play magically occurs), etc

I think that the demo was great, and it might have actually got me back to where I used to be in reference to being hyped about getting it on the release date.

Last edited by cjamestx; 11-06-2009 at 02:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »