Home

NHL 2K10 Review

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Review within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2009, 07:37 PM   #25
2K Sports Producer

OVR: 8
Re: NHL 2K10 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers2k9
NHL 2k series has not changed at all in 3 years (since 2k7).
I respectfully disagree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 17

Quote:
NHL 2k series has not changed at all in 3 years (since 2k7). The on ice pre game show is great but is the only thing to me that is really good about this game. No matter how much tweaking you do, the game is just bad.
I respectfully disagree as well. Care to share some insight as to why you feel this way? Thanks
Old 11-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 47

Make that 3. I don't know how someone can say this game has not changed, but oh well!
Old 11-18-2009, 12:18 AM   #28
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow71
I respectfully disagree.
...you're a bit biased though. After all, it is kind of your child(so to speak).
Old 11-18-2009, 02:42 PM   #29
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
NHL 2k series has not changed at all in 3 years (since 2k7). The on ice pre game show is great but is the only thing to me that is really good about this game. No matter how much tweaking you do, the game is just bad.

There may be different types of polish, quirks, bugs and problems with the game that have varied each year. Hell, even the look between each year show great difference..... but you can't validate that it has not changed at all in 3 years.

Even with the RIGHT kind of tweaking each version became playable. I'm actually in the anti-k8 camp as I think the poor defensive positioning on both ends of the ice ruins the entire game. At least k9 and 10 made efforts to correct some positioning and AI strategy (though they too have needed assistance in tweaking to "work").
Old 11-18-2009, 08:34 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
There may be different types of polish, quirks, bugs and problems with the game that have varied each year. Hell, even the look between each year show great difference..... but you can't validate that it has not changed at all in 3 years.

Even with the RIGHT kind of tweaking each version became playable. I'm actually in the anti-k8 camp as I think the poor defensive positioning on both ends of the ice ruins the entire game. At least k9 and 10 made efforts to correct some positioning and AI strategy (though they too have needed assistance in tweaking to "work").
Couldn't agree more.
Sure, 2K8 beats 2K10 in some aspects, but as far as offline AI go, 2K10 destroys 2K8 in my experience.
In 2K8 I could give up dozens of breakaways or odd-man rushes without fear. The AI simply did not have the capacity to capitalize on opportunities like that.
In 2K10, I HATE giving up breakaways. Especially to star forwards. They burn you way more than they don't. And that's a good thing.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:55 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 8

Exactly. I'll usually attempt a diving poke check if I'm close enough due to fear
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2009, 03:35 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Ok, so why post here. The game may be "bad" to you, but that doesn't make it bad. I've done plenty of tweaking with this game and I rather enjoy it, as do many others who have found good sliders. It's been that way since the games inception. If you don't like it, then you have no reason to post here.
I have to say I don't agree with this at all. These are not fan club boards. They are game discusion boards. I don't know why people started taking it personally when someone doesn't like the same video game they do. In a thread about 2k10 reviews I think it's constructive to come on here and say that you don't feel anything has changed in years. Then people doing research on the game can get a balanced view, not a group of people throwing praise at the game without discussion. I wish the boards were more like they used to be and you could just say what you thought of a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »