Home

NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #137
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
I concur with everything Jeebs9 has said already, the second patch makes the game complete, I have seen so many block animation today from full on get that sh@t out of here, to deflecting just off the finger tips, alley so far I have seen 1 if you don't have a lane it's an auto turn over, seen a few miss dunks, also alot less put back dunks, more steals. AI seems to be in better position to contest jump shoots or stop offenders from driving to the lane, Have not seen that suck in animation where you go for a jump shot and the defender from no where sticks to you.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #138
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
AI seems to be in better position to contest jump shoots or stop offenders from driving to the lane, Have not seen that suck in animation where you go for a jump shot and the defender from no where sticks to you.
And does cpu still penetratate???
With or without stupid kick out passes???
Old 01-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #139
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
Well i just decided to do a quick look at games played by the CPU in my association. The reason I did this is that I played an association games yesterday and was struck by Sean Williams of the Nets taking a 3 with the shot clock NOT running down. I tossed it aside at the time. Then I saw some people talking about an issue. So I decided to check out the boxscores of games played post patch. Here's the Nuggets and Nets: Brook Lopez 1-1, Kenyon Martin 1-2, Nene 0-2, Ed Davis 0-1. Next game Rockets/Kings: Yao 0-2, David Andersen 1-1, Carl landry 1-1, Greg Monroe 1-1. Next game Spurs/Suns Blair 1-1, J. O'neal 0-2, Shaq 0-2, Amar'e 0-1. Next game Blazers/Wizards JaVale McGee 0-1, Dante Cunningham 1-1, Renaldo Sidney 1-1, Glenn "Baby" Davis 0-1, Pendergraph 0-1, Oden 0-1. Next game Warriors/Heat Randolph 0-2, Turiaf 0-1, Haslem 0-1, Alabi 0-1. Knicks/Bucks David Lee 2-6, Boozer 0-2, Larry Sanders (VCU) 0-1, Bogut 2-2, Favors 0-1. Mavs/Cavs. Varejao 0-2, Hickson 0-1,

So in one day's games we can see a huge issue here. I think this is enough of a representative sample to say that 2k messed up big time here. One random three from a big man who can't shoot it might be the end of the shot clock or quarter, but in every single game there was at least one big man shooting threes. It seem's obvious that the tendences are messed up.

Houston we have a problem. And I don't just mean the Rockets. Are we talking patch #3 now or atleast attach it to a roster update (which screws the people who use rosters like Nogsters's but atleast it might fix this 3 point fiasco.)

Edited to add that I use just the 2k rosters and don't download sliders, I just change my own sliders slightly.
good insight. do us a favor (you or anyone else who has the patch, sees this glitch, and is willing) and try starting a new association and checking the same stuff. what do you get? also, if you have time, could you download this roster off of 2kshare, load it up, then trying an association? i chose this particular once since the tendencies are spot on as you may know if you are familiar with nogster's work.

2kshare: NOGSTER 2K10: new year
gamertag: nogman7
Old 01-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #140
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
And does cpu still penetratate???
With or without stupid kick out passes???
Of course the CPU will take whatever you give it, if your playing again Derek Rose he will try to take it to the hole or penetrate close enough to get a mid range jump shot, basically it depends on who you are playing and how well you a defending them, you go in for a steal the offense will blow right pass you, but it more realistic. Kickout pass have been toned down especially if the player does not have a high passer rating, most of the time if a player passes out of a bad shot he passed it to a big man no farther than a few feet away, I have not seen a behind the back kickout to a guy on the other side of the court as yet, another good thing is you no longer feel cheated, some game you feel no matter what you do the CPU will score every shot contested or not, its a different feeling now you have a chance every game to shut down a great player with solid D.

Last edited by coolcras7; 01-12-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #141
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Of course the CPU will take whatever you give it, if your playing again Derek Rose he will try to take it to the hole or penetrate close enough to get a mid range jump shot, basically it depends on who you are playing and not well you a defending them you go in for a steal the offense will blow right pass you, but it more realistic, kickout pass have been toned down especially if the player does not have a high passer rating, most of the time if a player passes out of a bad shot he passed it to a big man no farther than a few feet away have not seen a behind the back kickout to a guy on the other side of the court as yet.
This is good!
Thanks coolcras7
I want this patch!!!!
Damn Micro$soft...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 07:24 PM   #142
MVP

OVR: 18

Damn it...this 3pt thing is really sad. It'd be different if it were just simmed games, but they are actually taking these 3s in game...smh.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 01-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #143
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
I concur with everything Jeebs9 has said already, the second patch makes the game complete, I have seen so many block animation today from full on get that sh@t out of here, to deflecting just off the finger tips, alley so far I have seen 1 if you don't have a lane it's an auto turn over, seen a few miss dunks, also alot less put back dunks, more steals. AI seems to be in better position to contest jump shoots or stop offenders from driving to the lane, Have not seen that suck in animation where you go for a jump shot and the defender from no where sticks to you.
sounds promising from your posts. i'm just scared that i'l have to re-do all of my sliders again. like many of you, i don't want to have to do that again.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #144
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm using a roster base from my friend that I've tweaked along with Playmaker's sliders (which have also been tweaked).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »