Home

How to Make the Super Bowl Cool in Madden NFL 11 (IGN)

This is a discussion on How to Make the Super Bowl Cool in Madden NFL 11 (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
In my opinion, which amounts to not much I admit, EA has always failed at capturing the jubilation of winniing championships in all sports. I remember winning a tourney in Tiger 10 and there wasn't even a trophy presentation, wtf? I want to me player holding the trophy, practically crying with happiness. Facial emotion would be so nice, instead of exaggerated body movement. I'd love to see a championship parade after winning. I won the superbowl with my Pro and was incredibly dissapointed.

It's frustrating. Yes, I want that visual representation when I actually win something. It's like my reward for succeeding in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #26
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: How to Make the Super Bowl Cool in Madden NFL 11 (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Stumpy
It's frustrating. Yes, I want that visual representation when I actually win something. It's like my reward for succeeding in the game.
Even Tecmo Super Bowl had it right... haha
Old 02-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 4
Madden will never get it right. Still so many people have the hopes and hold it in high regard to succeed but it continues to fail on so many levels. More people have come to their senses in years past and find different games to go to, whether they are older, other sports games, or different genres.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:14 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I think seeing the reaction on OS to a gatorade dump mini-game and being able to say it was IGN's idea might be worth the time to build it.

Please tell me you are joking and not seriously going to invest time in this?

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/bgdave39
Old 02-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #29
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdave39
Please tell me you are joking and not seriously going to invest time in this?
hahaha. I'm sure he was kidding. He was making fun of how we as a community would respond to it. Obviously the mini dump game would be moronic to include. The guy who wrote the article does work for IGN remember... -"which way did he go boss? Which way did he go?"

Honestly, I'm thinking that year two is a big one for this dev team, and we will see a bunch of cool stuff like this added. Now if only the crowd knew these cool things were going on...
Old 02-03-2010, 06:41 PM   #30
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: IGN: How to Make the Super Bowl Cool in Madden NFL 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I'm gonna try and post some footage I captured of PES2010 and the Champions League intro. Hopefully it won't get shot down by the YouTube police. But that's the kind of Presentation that Madden team needs to strive for. The Super Bowl is as much about pageantry as about football, if not more.....

Here's a bit that I found on YouTube. This is championship-level presentation. And it only part of it.
This was incredible. I seriously felt I was almost in that stadium or watching it on TV. The sounds of the crowd and the announcers made it feel real.

I think this is something that Ian and his crew can do without a doubt. Hopefully he'll chime in more and ask for a few suggestions regarding presentation and atmosphere.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #31
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

^^^
Not exactly the "constructive" criticism I was looking for. Maybe you could remove the attitude and say the same thing... Maybe this is why they don't want to post here and listen to your ideas.

Ya think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
The presentation has to more than just "exist". The cut scenes need to be in the correct context. I don't want to see them like I did in Madden 10 (for the brief time I had the game). If Tony Romo is carted off the field, I don't want to see a cut scene one play later with him standing on the sideline talking on the phone to the booth upstairs. You don't just add the presentation for presentation sake. It needs to fit, like you are watching a real game, it needs to have context. The announcers need to make comments about what is actually happening on the field, use the telestrator, talk about how a key injury in the game is really going to affect (or not affect) a certain team, etc. etc. The list goes on. Play 2k5 and you will see what I am saying.
100% correct. The presentation needs to make sense for the context. There also needs to be a lot more variety in order to make that possible. It gets old to see the quarterback talking on the phone after every kickoff. I think if a player gets injured there should be a cutscene of the player trying to rehab the injury in order to get back in the game. Or if the player gets seriously injured, have him helped off the field by the training staff, and have a later cutscene of him taken off the field on a cart. That would be awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »