Home

MLB '10: The Show Gameplay Video (1up)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Gameplay Video (1up) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2010, 09:00 PM   #121
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB '10: The Show Gameplay Video (1up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
What does that prove? Jim still said in RTP mode, let's have it a little quieter. And lots on here even asked for this. Some of the biggest complaints were there was too much chatter.

Just because it is business as usual with RTP off doesn't mean there has to be a technical hoop to jump through. I am sure they can play audio over a camera scene if they wanted to.
I'm personally going to miss some of the chatter. After Guillen grounded out, Soup or Rex would have said something like "they get the runner over to third, but with two outs it doesn't help them all that much." I like that kind of chatter. I think Blzer is right that the commentary is tied to the cut scene. I'm sure they can program it to fit RTP, but doesn't sound like they've done it in this build.

Oh, and I hate friggen' snow! (sorry, had to vent)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #122
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I prefer less chatter and more ambient sounds. I know some may think I'm nuts but I'll as usual have the announcers off. I really just like playing the game as if I'm in the stadium...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 02-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #123
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I prefer less chatter and more ambient sounds. I know some may think I'm nuts but I'll as usual have the announcers off. I really just like playing the game as if I'm in the stadium...
I'm the same way. If I wanna hear commentators, I'll watch a game on TV. I wanna feel like I'm playing MLB The Show - not watching it.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #124
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
This is what the game needs. Instead of the color guy saying something after *every* pitch, he needs to just let Matt call the game and inject something here and there when it's needed.
I actually mentioned just that while up there. I was being a little absurd with my joking (being absurd to absurdity), but did actually say those things too. Sometimes we just over analyze the why's of this game.

Last edited by jim416; 02-06-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #125
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
I'm personally going to miss some of the chatter. After Guillen grounded out, Soup or Rex would have said something like "they get the runner over to third, but with two outs it doesn't help them all that much." I like that kind of chatter.
Nobody is saying they've taken chatter out. Things were assumed from the vids seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #126
Banned

OVR: 10

I'm in your camp Skyboxer..I turn the commentators off so I can hear all the little things in the stadium. The real guys can't hear them on the field and I like it this way as well. Just my 2 cents (again)

Dave
Old 02-06-2010, 09:28 PM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
I'm the same way. If I wanna hear commentators, I'll watch a game on TV. I wanna feel like I'm playing MLB The Show - not watching it.
I think that's the charm of in-depth presentation though. To feel as though your game is BEING broadcasted. Although I do agree with having those silent moments and just letting the crowd take over, but that's ordinarily only done for dramatic moments like a pitcher about to have get out of a bases loaded jam or something.

It'd be nice to see them implement that silence to those specific moments, but otherwise it seems as though there's more dead-air than there should be. But it's a one step at a time thing though. I'm sure the commentary will get a ton of love as the presentation continues to get better.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #128
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Looks awesome. Thanks
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »