Home

Madden NFL 11 Video Blog is Live, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video Blog is Live, Post Your Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2010, 11:41 PM   #137
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video Blog is Live, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I vote for Gene Deckerhoff

Thats awesome! I would want to save my highlights w/ the audio
Old 02-08-2010, 11:52 PM   #138
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Glad to see EA is looking into better presentation, would like too see a bigger animation library though. I see that David Tyree catch like 3 times again.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #139
MVP

OVR: 27

• Adding player authenticity, which will be stressed heavily.
They've got to get skintones right. This was a huge miss in Madden 10. It's been a problem for years in Madden actually, but 10 was where the bottom totally fell out. I suggest they use the in-game photos of NFL players rather than headshots in order to determine what a player's actual skintone is. When Adrian Peterson and Thomas Jones are many shades lighter in Madden than in real life, it just makes you furl your brow.
  • Getting the players to act and behave like they do in real life.
There is going to need to be an almost complete overhaul of post-play player reactions in order to accomplish that. Save for a few animations, these are terrible right now, and to make it worse the players celebrate way too much, or do the same one over and over, and even celebrate bad plays which is really a head scratcher.

This sounds like a multi-year project that will have to carry over into the next generation. I just can't see it being nailed year one or two.
  • Everything you see on Sunday, is still the ultimate goal.
Pre and post play camera angles improved a lot in Madden 10, but this still remains the biggest thing holding them back when it comes to broadcast camera work. I think a number of us have given some solid TV-style examples that need to be in the game over the past few seasons, but what it all comes down to is that they've got to copy exactly what's being done on TV.

I say, each season you take the Super Bowl and you copy the work they did there, because the Super Bowl is where the networks pull out all the stops (although with this year's Super Bowl I thought the camera work was kinda boring, so I'd go with what was implemented in Super Bowl 43, as NBC put on a clinic for how it should be done).
Old 02-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #140
Rookie

OVR: 19
Complete waste of 8 minutes. Looking forward to hearring more about the "New Innovatie Take on the Madden NFL series".

Last edited by turftickler; 02-09-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #141

I wasn't expecting much, but that John Taylor guy looks like he has zero interest. In fact, he almost looks like his attitude sucks.

Maybe because I'm older, but I got a very silly college humor feel from the whole thing. I just think people would look a little more excited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #142
MVP

OVR: 15

Dave, I got the same feeling from that guy. He literally looked like he had no interest in anything he was doing. (talking about) Fortunately, I do think Ian has the passion to return Madden to its glory days but hopefully he has the talent, leadership, and ENTHUSIASM of others around him.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Dave, I got the same feeling from that guy. He literally looked like he had no interest in anything he was doing. (talking about) Fortunately, I do think Ian has the passion to return Madden to its glory days but hopefully he has the talent, leadership, and ENTHUSIASM of others around him.
Ian obviously cares. He gave a lot to the community side last year and you can tell he cares about how the community responds. There's just a few moments where that Taylor guy almost looks like he rolls his eyes. I know the video was mostly in fun and very casual, I just got a bad vibe from that section of it.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:39 PM   #144
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
  • Adding player authenticity, which will be stressed heavily.
They've got to get skintones right. This was a huge miss in Madden 10. It's been a problem for years in Madden actually, but 10 was where the bottom totally fell out. I suggest they use the in-game photos of NFL players rather than headshots in order to determine what a player's actual skintone is. When Adrian Peterson and Thomas Jones are many shades lighter in Madden than in real life, it just makes you furl your brow.
  • Getting the players to act and behave like they do in real life.
There is going to need to be an almost complete overhaul of post-play player reactions in order to accomplish that. Save for a few animations, these are terrible right now, and to make it worse the players celebrate way too much, or do the same one over and over, and even celebrate bad plays which is really a head scratcher.

This sounds like a multi-year project that will have to carry over into the next generation. I just can't see it being nailed year one or two.
  • Everything you see on Sunday, is still the ultimate goal.
Pre and post play camera angles improved a lot in Madden 10, but this still remains the biggest thing holding them back when it comes to broadcast camera work. I think a number of us have given some solid TV-style examples that need to be in the game over the past few seasons, but what it all comes down to is that they've got to copy exactly what's being done on TV.

I say, each season you take the Super Bowl and you copy the work they did there, because the Super Bowl is where the networks pull out all the stops (although with this year's Super Bowl I thought the camera work was kinda boring, so I'd go with what was implemented in Super Bowl 43, as NBC put on a clinic for how it should be done).
Excellent post as usual. I totally agree, especially about the pre and post play animations. There needs to be a greater variety and the animations need to be longer. Even thought Ian said it wasn't about long pretty animations, Madden is in need of them in certain areas.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »