Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #81
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Yeah I noticed it as well, but all sports game have inconsistent commentary at one point in time. So if I can forgive the show for its mishaps in this area I can do the same for 2k.

I just wasn't sure if I heard it correctly. It confused me at first the way the action played out.

I just wish since baseball is about details and little things, they were more attentive to the uniform numbers and lettering. They are ll the same on every uniform. How are they not using the ones that were in 2K7, it is the same engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 38

The gameplay and play by play was fine , the atmosphere and crowd was amazing but the player models were still very disapointing every player below the waist is just thick and generic ? Almost like last gen but the Wrigely looked great .
Anyone wonder how they can add all the other nice details and not notice how messed up visually and proportion wise , names and numbers , helmet logos ? could it be a depth perception thing as I remember reading they had no time for gear upgrades this year .
I mean its gotta be a framerate thing as 2k7 models were amazing but what excuse could anyone make to defend the huge Numbers and names , just shouldnt happen in 2010.
For Me personally visuals are just as important as gameplay for the total experience .

Last edited by dorismary; 02-18-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:21 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I just wasn't sure if I heard it correctly. It confused me at first the way the action played out.

I just wish since baseball is about details and little things, they were more attentive to the uniform numbers and lettering. They are ll the same on every uniform. How are they not using the ones that were in 2K7, it is the same engine.
Okay, while this doesn't explain the size of the uniform lettering, I have to chime in here. 2K10 is not using any engine that was powering 2K7. In fact, Visual Concepts completely rebuilt the graphics engine from scratch for 2K9. They did use some old animations from Kush Games, but the graphics being powered was completely designed by Visual Concepts. This is standard to all of their games as they did the same thing for NHL2K as well.

Also, when compared to 2K9, I just don't see how anyone could be greatly disappointed in the gameplay video. I don't know what we were expecting out of a year of development, but I think that year clearly shows positive change. I was quite impressed overall, especially when compared to last years offering, but to each their own.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:32 PM   #84
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

looking pretty good. It has a good ballpark atmosphere, commentary sounds like a tv broadcast, graphics are solid, animations are solid. I did notice on the replay of when the 3rd run was scored, the crowd reaction was way late.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:33 PM   #85
Banned

OVR: 0

I thought it looked fine. I was glad to see the CPU taking pitches. the pitching mode looks good. There was nothing in that video that would prevent me from picking this up day one.

Do the uniforms look wonky? Sure. But I'm not sure I get the fascination with that crap. Same with editing batting stances.

Gameplay is what matters, and it looked solid on offense and defense. It looked like a solid game of baseball. I know some did not care for the hitting cam, which I am assuming is customizable. But that is what I usually used in 2K9. It makes reading the pitches easier. and it was very easy to read pitches before you had to swing.

Graphically, it doesn't touch what MLB 10 has shown so far. But it does what it needs to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 11:48 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 6

This game is definately a HUGE step from 2K9.
Holy cow, I mean it picks up where 2K7 left off. Lets face it, they are not beating sony's game this year because basically they lost a couple of years really developing the game. They are still a couple of years behind.
But I personally think that those people who have xboxes will not really be dissapointed. I guess anything's better than 2K9 but this years game, aside from the jersey numbers, looks awesome!

Graphics look great, lighting, animations, presentation, that new batting IMO looks great.

Honestly, those of you who were dissapointed with last year's iteration, you have to be excited but what you're seeing so far this year.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:55 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 3
looks like it has the same game breaking problem IMO that last years game had. The outfielders play way to deep, and like last year, you can probably never hit a ball over an outfielders head. That's unacceptable.

I mean look when Fokodome is up. The center fielder is playing a few steps away from the warning track.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:56 PM   #88
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepytercel
Okay, while this doesn't explain the size of the uniform lettering, I have to chime in here. 2K10 is not using any engine that was powering 2K7. In fact, Visual Concepts completely rebuilt the graphics engine from scratch for 2K9. They did use some old animations from Kush Games, but the graphics being powered was completely designed by Visual Concepts. This is standard to all of their games as they did the same thing for NHL2K as well.
I find this hard to believe. Have any proof of this?

The engine is the same every year, just tweaked and Frankenstein one way or another.

There is no way they built a new engine from scratch, but all the existing animations from years ago, and graphical quirks from years ago are still there. Especially when it looks the same, only texture and light issues every other year.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 02-19-2010 at 12:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »