Home

MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 09:35 PM   #145
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn523
Excuse guys for wanting to play a demo to see in person improvements to the game before plunking down 60 in these tough economic times. If you dont meed a demo thats great but for loyal fans to not get a demo cause of a buisness deal with best buy doesnt speak well in the eyes of many consumers. Blind faith is great but not a requirement when your spending your hard earned cash.

there is a demo coming. You are not forced to buy the game on release day. Wait until the demo drops, try it out, and then make your purchasing decision.

Its like people are in the mindset that since the demo isn't releasing before the game then there is no demo.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 09:35 PM   #146

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Excuse guys for wanting to play a demo to see in person improvements to the game before plunking down 60 in these tough economic times. If you dont meed a demo thats great but for loyal fans to not get a demo cause of a buisness deal with best buy doesnt speak well in the eyes of many consumers. Blind faith is great but not a requirement when your spending your hard earned cash.
As I will mention, now for the fifth time, the demo is still coming out. If you want to play it before you buy the game, that is perfectly fine and you still have the chance.

What is the issue with this?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:35 PM   #147
Rookie

OVR: 2
It's not as if the game's only going to be available for sale the first day it drops. If you want to play the demo first, then....DON'T BUY THE GAME THE FIRST DAY. This really doesn't seem that difficult. If you need a demo to decide, you probably wouldn't be buying it the first day, anyway. So wait the extra time, download and play the demo, and then go buy it if you like it. You'll still have all spring and summer to enjoy it. And if you don't like it, don't buy and you'll save 60 bucks. Simple.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:36 PM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

there is a demo coming. You are not forced to buy the game on release day. Wait until the demo drops, try it out, and then make your purchasing decision.

Its like people are in the mindset that since the demo isn't releasing before the game then there is no demo.
Thank you. Is this so hard for people to understand?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #149
Rookie

OVR: 3

Maybe if we had a date of any kind that would be plausable, but how long should i wait, a week, two weeks? Not one mention was even made of the deal with Best Buy and what effect it would have. Its called setting the expectation of the consumer which they have done by releasing the demo at least two weeks before release.

Last edited by Aragorn523; 02-25-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:43 PM   #150
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Maybe if we had a date of any kind that would be plausable, but how long should i wait, a week, two weeks?
That's up to you. All I'm saying that if you're going to play the "hard earned cash" card, then you'll probably want to wait as long as it takes to try the game out yourself to make sure that you make an educated decision as to whether or not you want to buy the game. Or, you could always rent it, or even go to Best Buy a couple days after release to try it out before purchasing.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:43 PM   #151

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Maybe if we had a date of any kind that would be plausable, but how long should i wait, a week, two weeks?
You are the buyer, you have the options and make the decisions.

If it is important to you to get the game asap and you don't want to wait, then you can rent it if you don't want to wait for the demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 09:43 PM   #152
Rookie

bases1616's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal123gunners
Really, I think we are all pretty lucky to be getting a Demo
I am getting MLB 10 with or without a demo, but pretty lucky to get a demo? The console world for PS3 and 360 have only helped themselves out most of the time when releasing a demo.

It gets those people who are on the fence to decide and newcomers to jump on board. So to say we are lucky to get a demo I think is the wrong perspective.
Cleveland Guardians
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »