Home

MLB '10: The Show Review

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Review within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2010, 12:05 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
This review sucks. Where is the mention of home Run Derby? How about the fact that you can create your own custom chants, set music as batter walk up music, reliever entrance music, music when you win games etc...?

Where is the mention that there is more variety in hits? I have hit bloopers and balls into gaps that wasn't possible before.

What about the fact that when relievers come in you get 8 pitches for warm up pitches?

Where is the mention in the improvements to RTTS when it comes to positive results? Things that should have been considered positive results before were not, and now are.

Instead of just throwing a crap load of gimmicks (Like MLB 2K games and their crappy analog pitching gimmick), they polished the game. Seems like some people just want change for the sake of change. You don't need to change a whole hell of a lot when you already have the best simulation baseball game there is. If it isn't broken, don't fix it (MLB 2K games have to keep adding stuff to gloss over the fact that the game sucks).

MLB 2K games have a whole hell of a lot of glitches as well (Hitting a ball of the green monster where the ball sticks to the wall).

MLB 10 may have bugs too, but they get fixed quickly, and are less common. You were way easier on MLB 2K 10, and that game is not even close to being on this games level.

Timing meter > gimmicky analog controls

The commentary may be repetitive (Hey just like every other sports game), but it still is the best commentary in a baseball game. I love seeing my batter walk up to the plate and be announced as "2nd basemen, Jeremy Gordon" (My name), gives me chills every time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: MLB '10: The Show Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyJayhawk
I think any independent gamer would find it hard to believe this game earned a lesser rating than Madden '10.
The review is a little absurd. The reviewer is penalizing the game for features it didn't add, rather than reviewing the game for what it is.

The bottom line is -- MLB 09 was a 9.5, and MLB 10 is an even better game than that.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:52 AM   #27
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
They really, really, REALLY need to do something about the commentary. It's the worst part of the game right now. Everything is disjointed and there's no chemistry between the 3 cuz they record all their lines seperately. That's just unacceptable now.

The game is amazing otherwise. But, we gotta match everything up now. Step it up, SCEA!
Old 03-11-2010, 01:53 AM   #28
Rookie

snugglyirishman's Arena

OVR: 4
# 19 HustlinOwl @ 03/11/10 02:54 AM
Quote:

Originally Posted by snugglyirishman

Great review...I love the game but have a problem with RTTS...i don't know if it's a glitch or what the deal is but my player's 4SFB velocity is at 99 and the player card says "brings the heat better than anyone" but when actually pitching (in AAA) he only throws 88-91....what's the deal with that?

Take a look

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...em-solved.html

Thanks so much man...although I'm not happy with the news on there but at least it shed some light on the issue...
Old 03-11-2010, 02:00 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1
pretty disappointing review

seems like a lot of it was saying why don't they have mechanics from 2k10 but better :-/
Old 03-11-2010, 02:10 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 11

Wow. Reviews on OS are getting just as bad as any other outlet. I used to use OS more than any other source for their reviews. Ah, the good ole days....
Old 03-11-2010, 04:19 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 10
A great review!!! I do have to agreed with some of the other posters that I love the commentary and think it's spot on. I am going to take your suggestion to review the vault more to view the polish graphics of this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2010, 05:37 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 55

Madden 10 - rated a 9

MLB 10 The Show - rated an 8.5

Seriously?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »