Home

MLB 2K10 Roster Update Coming Soon

This is a discussion on MLB 2K10 Roster Update Coming Soon within the MLB 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2010, 11:28 PM   #17
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 2K10 Roster Update Coming Soon

Does anyone on here have any idea if they're planning on including some of the highly touted prospects who figure to be brought up this year or in the not-so-distant future, like Starlin Castro for the Cubs or Donavan Tate for the Padres?
Old 04-16-2010, 12:08 AM   #18
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Bills9
Does anyone on here have any idea if they're planning on including some of the highly touted prospects who figure to be brought up this year or in the not-so-distant future, like Starlin Castro for the Cubs or Donavan Tate for the Padres?
They have to play in one MLB game to be added to a roster set
Old 04-16-2010, 12:41 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cianfrocco
The photos are based on the official MLB player portraits which are all taken at the beginning of Spring Training. They are usually not updated during the season if a player gets traded. Since the game is in the final stages of production when players are getting their pictures taken in February, they don't have enough time to update everyone, so they use last year's pictures. Granted there are some notable errors, such as Griffey in a Reds hat, even though he was on the Mariners all last season. It's always been a gripe of mine, but not something we are likely to see changed anytime soon.
I understand that many of this off-season's transactions and Free Agents will be portrayed with the hat of a previous team, but many of the photos in 2k10 are from 2007, though.

I play with the Reds a lot and am getting real tired of seeing Edinson Volquez in a Rangers hat. I don't understand how they can have updated photos of journeymen like Willy Taveras or Laynce Nix from last year, but didn't include one of Cincy's best young hurlers...
Old 04-16-2010, 04:12 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 32

Guys, there's no excuse for the player portrait issue - and to me, it's a big issue. They say that the MLB supplies them with the photos but I just find that hard to believe. If that were the case, why do guys like Edinson Volquez and Ken Griffey, Jr. have portraits that are at least two years old? I believe Volquez's photo is from 2006. No joke.

MLB.com, ESPN.com and other sites have the updated player photos, but 2K does not. For a game with GREAT presentation and commentary, having old photos cheapens it. I mean really, the Mariners look like a team that was drafted via a fantasy draft. I believe of the 25 players on the roster, eight have photos in a Mariners hat.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:58 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
dont worry it will be out by tomorrow at the latest
heyward and all.

Can someone post Heyward's ratings for me after it's released?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #22
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
Guys, there's no excuse for the player portrait issue - and to me, it's a big issue. They say that the MLB supplies them with the photos but I just find that hard to believe. If that were the case, why do guys like Edinson Volquez and Ken Griffey, Jr. have portraits that are at least two years old? I believe Volquez's photo is from 2006. No joke.

MLB.com, ESPN.com and other sites have the updated player photos, but 2K does not. For a game with GREAT presentation and commentary, having old photos cheapens it. I mean really, the Mariners look like a team that was drafted via a fantasy draft. I believe of the 25 players on the roster, eight have photos in a Mariners hat.
lol, pictures really? why dont you first find out how much time it takes to put the pictures in the data base properly size them and then test them in game. then see if its worth pulling someone from something thats a little more important than a picture. this is like when my niece has to use shoes from a year old barbie outfit on her new barbie. hell half of the guys have fake faces and they are tecmo bowl quality. THIS SO INEXCUSABLE. lol.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBruce32
Can someone post Heyward's ratings for me after it's released?

Heyward:

Overall 84

lowest rating being contact v/s leftys: 57
highest: arm strength: 89
Old 04-16-2010, 02:01 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
lol, pictures really? why dont you first find out how much time it takes to put the pictures in the data base properly size them and then test them in game. then see if its worth pulling someone from something thats a little more important than a picture. this is like when my niece has to use shoes from a year old barbie outfit on her new barbie. hell half of the guys have fake faces and they are tecmo bowl quality. THIS SO INEXCUSABLE. lol.
Cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Rosters »