Home

UFC 2010 Undisputed Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on UFC 2010 Undisputed Demo Available, Post Impressions Here within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2010, 09:27 AM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: UFC 2010 Undisputed Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

This game is so good,its so fluid now last year the animations were obviously stiff but this year the limbs move so life like.I'll give more impressions later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #146
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfan
That's interesting because I think the striking is done much better this year. I get a real sense of when to open up with a flurry and I'm able to pull of some nice combos.
Yeah I can combo too, just not with combos I should be able to like a jab straight. For example I saw that a jab-back-leg-leg-kick might be faster than a 1-2. The reason it's like this is because you have to wait to pull the jab all the way back to throw the straight unlike last year where you'd throw after the other arm was fully extended.

The striking grew on me a bit after I stopped posting, but this is still a big issue with me - not a game breaker though. I just can't imagine why they took out something so fundamental to fighting. Throwing a jab-straight in this game is pointless and actually dangerous to the point where you shouldn't do it and I think that's wrong. They made it more sports sim with the stats, but the striking made it less sports sim and more 'fighting game' if that makes sense. "oooh look out for machida's fierce attack"

thai clinches against the fence are B-R-U-T-A-L!
Old 04-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #147
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by frnkpw13
well i guess i registered late for the demo cause when i go to the undisputed site its on lock down. so when do ppl like me get to play the demo without a code? next week maybe?
You can still register and get a code. I just did it 30 mins ago from my itouch in class for Phobia.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:05 AM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 6

can you knock a guy out with a straight cross? or only hooks and uppercuts? I have yet to see a KO with a cross
Old 04-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #149
Rookie

OVR: 5
For the peeps having trouble with the adjusted controls, remember, when you hit pause, it shows you all the commands you can do from your current position... obviously it's not much fun to continuously stop the action, but it doesn't take too long before you get used to the new motions.

I logged like a 100 hours in the last one, but demo felt like a new game to me. I like that the CPU doesn't let you abuse them with striking anymore and has ways to compete with you in stand-up other than just constantly going for takedowns.

I'm a little frustrated with the revised clinch game at the moment just cause it's so damn tiring to jockey for position, even more so than the ground game, but since that's the aspect that's changed the most, I'm sure with time I'll get comfortable with it.

Last time the CPU was giving it to me like it did last night was when I started up my first career mode in '09!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:19 AM   #150
Rookie

frnkpw13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
You can still register and get a code. I just did it 30 mins ago from my itouch in class for Phobia.
maybe im on the wrong site cause it has a 404 error and site the site is down cause of giving out codes is using up the bandwidth. what site url are u going to? is it the community.undisputed.com site? please help im desparate! :P
Old 04-30-2010, 10:25 AM   #151
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by frnkpw13
maybe im on the wrong site cause it has a 404 error and site the site is down cause of giving out codes is using up the bandwidth. what site url are u going to? is it the community.undisputed.com site? please help im desparate! :P
http://community.ufcundisputed.com/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #152
Rookie

frnkpw13's Arena

OVR: 1

woot! for some reasome that link worked but its the same site i was going to. gonna d/l and play when i get home from work today thnx!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »