Home

UFC 2010 Undisputed Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on UFC 2010 Undisputed Demo Available, Post Impressions Here within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #161
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: UFC 2010 Undisputed Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

Jukeman, I beat Rampage but I would just counter him. If I would start going in wildly he'd beat the snot out of me. If I ever felt I was in danger I'd try and go for a take down or push him against the fence. You can use leg kicks to keep him at a distance as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 12:07 PM   #162
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Just got my code and am downloading the demo. Man, I said I wasn't going to do this but I knew I'd get sucked in. I'm sure I'll be pre-ordering by the end of the weekend
I told myself I wouldn't get sucked in too but, after reading this tread I just went to the website and registered. I'm going to download the demo as soon as I get home...

Oh and I pre-ordered at GS yesterday

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-30-2010, 12:12 PM   #163
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I told myself I wouldn't get sucked in too but, after reading this tread I just went to the website and registered. I'm going to download the demo as soon as I get home...

Oh and I pre-ordered at GS yesterday
I'm pre-ordered @ GS as well. WAR NELSON!!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #164
Rookie

OVR: 1

Rampage just stand and trade in the middle of the cage. Lots of countering.

Now can someone take me through posturing up and dropping elbows from half guard, mount, etc? I simply cannot get it. Standing is fine, gotta work on ground and clinch.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #165
Rookie

OVR: 6

we should start a thread with all the moves in it(universal moves not fighter specific) because I am not understanding the clinch game at all right now - I get locked in it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #166
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignick_13
Rampage just stand and trade in the middle of the cage. Lots of countering.

Now can someone take me through posturing up and dropping elbows from half guard, mount, etc? I simply cannot get it. Standing is fine, gotta work on ground and clinch.
When you are on them in a closed position you minor transition, this will get you out from their hold. Once they aren't holding you down you can hit left stick up and "posture up" and then drop some bombs. You don't have a ton of time as if your in this position and they transition out they will get out from under ya..Make sure after a couple you right stick so they don't transition up..

Last edited by UNC_Pete; 04-30-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
When you are on them in a closed position you minor transition, this will get you out from their hold. Once they aren't holding you down you can hit left stick up and "posture up" and then drop some bombs. You don't have a ton of time as if your in this position and they transition out they will get out from under ya..Make sure after a couple you right stick so they don't transition up..
Got it, thanks!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:57 PM   #168
Rookie

OVR: 5

Clinch game is just like the ground game now... have to use the right stick for major/minor transitions... difference is positioning... on the ground, you want to avoid being mounted at all costs... with clinch game, it depends on who you're fighting... if it's Shogun, he's trying to work towards muay thai... if it's Rashad, he's trying to work to double-underhooks to throw you... if it's Rampage, he seems to try to work the one armed collar so he can land uppercuts... so depending on who you're fighting, you have to be cognisant of the positioning in the clinch and balance blocking transitions and making your own transitions just like you would on the ground (or at least that's what was working better for me the first night).

Best advice I can give for clinch is to pause the game and see which motions bring you to which positions so you can better avoid the strong spots certain fighters have... and if you're not comfortable working out of the clinch, once you get in an advantageous position, click the left stick in to disengage and go back to pure stand-up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »