Home

Backbreaker Video: TV Commercial Spot

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Video: TV Commercial Spot within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2010, 06:15 PM   #129
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Backbreaker Video: TV Commercial Spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Exclusivity doesn't have anything to do with the BB devs' ability to program a football game with regard to how it plays on the field. Nor have these devs "had one hand tied behind their backs" with regard to dev cycle time. This game has been in the works for quite a while and they've not been handcuffed to a hard release date or dev cycle.
That means they will make a great football game.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:19 PM   #130
Banned

OVR: 17

Thus far the gameplay footage that has been released and hands-on previews don't support that notion. There's a reason why that commercial only showed close-up action shots of tackles and one throw and catch.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #131
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Exclusivity doesn't have anything to do with the BB devs' ability to program a football game with regard to how it plays on the field. Nor have these devs "had one hand tied behind their backs" with regard to dev cycle time. This game has been in the works for quite a while and they've not been handcuffed to a hard release date or dev cycle.
you make it sound so easy to make a football game.....a new franchise on at that....

they may not have had pressure of dealing with a yearly dev cycle...but its not like they have, u know....years of experience and resources of creating a football game.

but I agree with you, we shouldn't crown it just yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 11:00 PM   #132
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I only hope if this game becomes successful that they don't bust out iteration after iteration every year, I hope that they instead go a two-year route (even if they are able to use the NFL license), at least for the second time around. Actually even a bit longer, as they would then be able to release it in August 2012 instead of May. That way it can kind of claim itself to be the complete game that NM wants it to be. Pumping yearly sports titles out isn't exactly my favorite thing to see.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-01-2010, 02:23 AM   #133
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Thus far the gameplay footage that has been released and hands-on previews don't support that notion. There's a reason why that commercial only showed close-up action shots of tackles and one throw and catch.
Oh, there's a reason......and that being???
Old 05-01-2010, 03:39 AM   #134
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Really don't see why it matters if "Ian takes notice". Let me get this straight: Madden 10 and prior Maddens don't have good line play, but that isn't the point"...? That's exactly the point. Team Tiburon with every advantage in the world with exclusivity, a huge development team, and years of development time - can't get lineplay straight but that's an expectation from a smaller development team, without the licenses to lean on, and with no prior football game experience? That just goes to show how ridiculously low expectations are when it comes to the Tiburon football games. Another developer is basically expected to do with one hand tied behind it's back (because of exclusivity and dev time) what Tiburon hasn't been able to do with every advantage in the world. Sad.

That said, I am getting a little more anxious to get my hands on Backbreaker and see the behavior-based technology behind the game.

great post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 05-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #135
MVP

OVR: 55

I'd be very impressed if this game has good OL/DL play. That's one of those "litmus tests" for a truly deep and realistic football game, IMO. The average dude won't know how a DL or OL is supposed to act, but we sure will. If they nail little things like that, it actually ends up giving a big result.

Only time will tell... I just got information that I'll be relocated for work soon so I'll have to get this (and every) football game to keep me busy. I'm gonna truck some fools!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #136
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Yeah, and not to mention that there are only about 6 people working on this game vs. EA Sport's massive teams for NCAA and the Madden NFL series. I think you should cut them a little slack. Have you ever developed a video game before, one that you designed the software for that is being implemented into your game by you personally? I am a programmer. Are you? I'm not calling you out here. I just want to know where you stand on your side of the ball from a professional stand point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »