Home

Madden NFL 11: Video Doc Series - Audio Presentation

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11: Video Doc Series - Audio Presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2010, 09:36 PM   #161
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Madden NFL 11: Video Doc Series - Audio Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
The third installment of the Madden NFL 11 Developer Video Series, is now available. Sit down with senior producer Phil Frazier, creative director Ian Cummings, art director Mike Young, and senior product manager Anthony Stevenson for an exclusive look at how Madden NFL 11 provides a new level of excitement with completely revamped audio presentation, from the booth to the field. See it, hear it, feel it in Madden NFL 11.

Gus Johnson, one of the most electrifying commentators in sports injects his unique energy into the play-by-play call. Well known for his excitable calls during NFL, NCAA college basketball, MMA broadcasts and more, Johnson now joins the 22 year legacy of the Madden NFL franchise that have included play-by-play legends like Pat Summerall, Al Michaels, and Tom Hammond. Cris Collinsworth returns to the two man booth to provide his Emmy winning analysis.

Taking you inside the stadium, Madden NFL 11 recreates the authentic sounds of game day with team specific chants and fight songs, as well as music that you hear each Sunday. Get ready for kickoff with “Crazy Train”, celebrate a touchdown with “Rock and Roll Part Two”, or get fired up for a big defensive stop with “Thunderstruck” and many more – Madden NFL 11 features some of the most recognized stadium tracks in sports.
After re-watching this vid something is bugging me about it.

OK, I'm not trying to be controversial or nothing but I hope these guy realize that some of these stadiums play rap songs too. After what happened with the soundtrack on 10, I wonder if the stadium music will be filled with rock. On that same note, I noticed they said Crazy Train was played in every stadium on kickoff. I hope they realize that some stadiums are playing Trick Daddy and Lil Jon's "Let's Go" and not Crazy Train.

Here it is:

As you can see they are very similar. I know that some stadiums play this for a fact because I have sung along with it while it was playing through my surround sound while I watched a game. I don't know about all stadiums, but I know a few of them play it because I have heard it with my own 2 ears. 7.1 surround will let you hear stuff like that.

Also, on that note, while they are buying licensed music for stadiums, I hope they get "Here I Go" by Mystikal playing on Colts kickoffs. They have been playing this for years. It would be a travesty if they don't have that in. If you've watched a Colts game in surround sound, on the kickoff, I know you've heard this:

Sorry, I couldn't find an edited version.

In fact, Here is a list of songs played in Colt's games

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS LUCAS OIL STADIUM SONGS:

-"Down with the Sickness" by Disturbed
-"Boom" by P.O.D.
-"Down for My N****z" by C-Murder
-"Let's Go" by Trick Daddy
-"What You Know" by T.I.
-"We Ready (No. 2)" by Archie Eversole
-"Hells Bells" by AC/DC
-"In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins
-"Lose Yourself" by Eminem
-"Bang the Drum All Day" by Todd Rundgren
-"Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who
-"Ladies and Gentlemen" by Saliva
-"Out Here Grindin'" by DJ Khaled

And the kickoff song:

-"Here I Go" by Mystikal

http://www.sportscenteraltar.com/com...asp?Thread=577

As you can see, there is quite a bit of rap mixed in with that rock. Now I have never been to a Colts game personally but I know I have heard at least 3 songs from this list during the games that I have seen on TV so the guy must have some idea of what he's talking about when he made the list. Maybe a Colts fan can verify whether this is right or not. Either way, I imagine most stadiums have some kind of mix of both.

The main thing is I hope the guys don't just add rock music into the stadiums like that's all the stadiums play. Judging by their comments and what happened with Madden 10's soundtrack, it's quite possible that the stadiums could be filled with a majority of classic rock songs. As much as I like "Crazy Train" (surprise), I like "Let's Go" just as well and I know this is what they are playing in some Stadiums, not Crazy Train. Anyway, that's my rant. I hope I wasn't too controversial for anyone. If by some crazy way I offended someone with this, I apologize ahead of time. I, like you, am just looking for authenticity. That's all. Don't short change the rap lovers please.

Last edited by splff3000; 05-31-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 10:04 PM   #162
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Ahhhhhhhhh WHATCHA know 'bout that Mystikal!?!

I always think of Ced the Entertainer on Kings of Comedy when I hear that song LOL. It was his entrance music .
Old 05-31-2010, 10:08 PM   #163
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Ahhhhhhhhh WHATCHA know 'bout that Mystikal!?!
lol, I'm from Mobile, Alabama (1 hr away from New Orleans) so I know a lot about Mystikal........maybe too much lol.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:18 PM   #164
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
lol, I'm from Mobile, Alabama (1 hr away from New Orleans) so I know a lot about Mystikal........maybe too much lol.
I'm not sure if they included popular rap songs or not. I do agree with you though for authenticity purposes. Yeah, I've played M11. But I didn't play in nearly all of the stadiums and I wasn't listening to what was being played.

I just want to say that I can half-way understand if they don't include most rap. I don't want to segway off into an entire different topic, but I imagine they have to keep the lyrics and content family friendly. Of course they could chop it up so that you only hear the clean choruses (pretty much what you hear at the stadiums anyway). However, I think you hit the nail on the head as far as the potential for controversy.

Besides, if it's chopped up/edited too much, it sounds horrible IMO. Hate Me Now by Nas is one of favorite songs (and the entire I Am album) but it sounds cheesy playing in M10.

Again, maybe there are some rap tunes present. But if not, I can somewhat understand why they would steer clear so to speak.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:33 PM   #165
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I'm not sure if they included popular rap songs or not. I do agree with you though for authenticity purposes. Yeah, I've played M11. But I didn't play in nearly all of the stadiums and I wasn't listening to what was being played.

I just want to say that I can half-way understand if they don't include most rap. I don't want to segway off into an entire different topic, but I imagine they have to keep the lyrics and content family friendly. Of course they could chop it up so that you only hear the clean choruses (pretty much what you hear at the stadiums anyway). However, I think you hit the nail on the head as far as the potential for controversy.

Besides, if it's chopped up/edited too much, it sounds horrible IMO. Hate Me Now by Nas is one of favorite songs (and the entire I Am album) but it sounds cheesy playing in M10.

Again, maybe there are some rap tunes present. But if not, I can somewhat understand why they would steer clear so to speak.
The thing is, just about every song has an edited/clean version. I could go and download a clean version for just about every rap song out there. Now I know they have to deal with licensing and such, but I'm sure it's no more difficult than getting licenses for rock songs. I hear what you're saying about the lyrics, but there are alternatives. I was really hoping we'd have a custom track feature so I could add them in myself. I have a 7 yr old son that likes to watch me play sometimes so I would HAVE to get the edited version and put it in myself. I wouldn't play the uncensored version around him. I know it would be easy for me, so I'm not buying that excuse if that's what they use IF it's not in.

As for the NAS thing, I agree with you. They might as well left it out for how they had it in 10. That's the thing though. There is an edited version to "Hate Me Now". I know because it got played out on the Radio when it came out. That's part of the reason I'm not too fond of it nowadays. Anyway, instead of getting the edited version, they decide to chop up the uncensored version and just butcher the song. Well, there's a new sound guy this year so maybe things might be different from the past few years. Still though, listening to these guys talk doesn't really give me hope that there will be that good mix that I'm hoping for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 10:45 PM   #166
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000

As for the NAS thing, I agree with you. They might as well left it out for how they had it in 10. That's the thing though. There is an edited version to "Hate Me Now". I know because it got played out on the Radio when it came out. That's part of the reason I'm not too fond of it nowadays. Anyway, instead of getting the edited version, they decide to chop up the uncensored version and just butcher the song. Well, there's a new sound guy this year so maybe things might be different from the past few years. Still though, listening to these guys talk doesn't really give me hope that there will be that good mix that I'm hoping for.
That's the thing though, even the edited "clean" versions of songs (regardless of genre) still use cuss words or can talk about suggestive manner.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #167
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Anyone surprised that since NFL 2K5 allowed gamers to import their own music into stadiums at different portions of the game (touchdowns, interceptions, start of the game, end of the game, etc), we have not seen anything like this in a football game after six whole years?

I don't play many other games--do the NBA, MLB, NHL, etc allow the gamer this ability? It seems that with the capabilities of a 360 and PS3, it would be a no brainer.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:49 AM   #168
Banned

OVR: 24

Why are classics like "Crazy Train" remade and ruined???

Quote:
I don't play many other games--do the NBA, MLB, NHL, etc allow the gamer this ability? It seems that with the capabilities of a 360 and PS3, it would be a no brainer.
The Show allows for user created music. Walkup music, reliever entering the game, (i.e. Mo Rivera and "Enter Sandman"), etc.

Yes, it's possible.

Last edited by Segagendude; 06-01-2010 at 11:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »