Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - All About Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - All About Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 05:11 AM   #49
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - Gameplay Changes Exposed

"I think that the logic of them just knowing what their assignment is, is a game changer." - Anthony Stevenson

This is the problem..THAT SHOULD ALWAYS BE THERE

Also, Ian may have hinted that they've overhauled presentation and franchise, when he was talking about gameplay. "It doesn't matter what your presentation is, it doesn't matter what your franchise is if your gameplay's not there."

Last edited by MrSkagTrendy; 06-09-2010 at 05:29 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:29 AM   #50
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

I hate how every year they say this Madden is the best ever but then next year they show how bad it was and say this Madden is the best ever.
On the Bucs sweep the hb is about to run into the endzone and then freezes and waits for the tackle. Animations triggering does not look smooth at all.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:32 AM   #51
Pro

rooney8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
Also, Ian may have hinted that they've overhauled presentation and franchise, when he was talking about gameplay. "It doesn't matter what your presentation is, it doesn't matter what your franchise is if your gameplay's not there."
Just think that means he feels he has the gameplay right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 05:48 AM   #52
Nza
MVP

Actually a really good franchise and crap gameplay can still make for a good simulated franchise mode

There is still a mammoth amount of suction in this video. Madden has never been a pretty looking game in broadcast camera views because the movements are jittery and the transitions are inconsistent in speed because having full control gets priority over life like movement. The game always looks better in game cameras because it follows the ball carrier - the broadcast cameras used for trailers etc follow a scene and this really emphasizes the odd movements that a camera reacting to those movements otherwise wouldn't.

I'm certain this *is* the Madden "feel" that many want EA to grow apart from, but simply won't as it's a big risk.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:17 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 7

boy this game looks dated
Old 06-09-2010, 06:38 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 7

Snore ZzzZzzzzZZZZZ
Old 06-09-2010, 06:47 AM   #55
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

I'm going to wait for E3 and see what EA has to offer. Maybe this is old footage, but I don't think it will change a whole lot. Nothing I've seen so far has me the least bit interested in this game. It looks ridiculous. Players still jerk and skate all over the place. Why can't the Madden team make a game in which players move in a realistic manner?

It seems quite clear to me that Madden has gone as far as it can go on this generation of consoles. Unless the completely re-tool this game , this is what we're going to get. Madden 10 with a few very slight adjustments.

PS: I'll bet a weeks pay that people will be complaining about how easy the outside run game is once the game comes out. In Madden 10 when the blocking only randomly worked, pitches and tosses were way to easy to exploit. Now that the blocking is supposedly fixed look out. I see everyone using the Titans and running CJ outside all day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 07:58 AM   #56
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Like someone else mentioned in this thread earlier, I think what you're seeing is largely what we're going to get in August. We definitely put too much stock in what build they're showing us through these vids. We all do it, holding on to some hope that the final build is going to be drastically different. Almost never is.

Having said all that, I'm looking forward to the game and even with 10's flaws, quite enjoyed that game for a few months. I actually feel bad for Ian and Co. They've been saddled by this god-awful engine that wasn't built by them and they have to turn lemons into lemonade now. The first group of guys that made the "next-gen" engine way back when for Madden 06, clearly had no idea what next-gen football should have looked like. And now Ian and his team have to pull this sucker out of the fire and I hear the Mission Impossible theme playing in the background as I type this...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »