Home

NHL 11 Hands-On E3 Impressions (IGN)

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Hands-On E3 Impressions (IGN) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: IGN Hands-On (E3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by UwantRadie
Exactly. It's odd because I am a HUGE sim guy but I really feel like the game doesnt capture the excitment of scoring a goal... I think better camera angles and presentation would help this better then new celebrations, but we'll see.
Totally agree.

The current situation is boring, as is. I'm just not sure going over the top is the solution.

I think going to a 5 player mob, skating to the bench, fist bumps - with a more "real time presentation" camera (ala The Show) would be the best option. Have a few different single player reactions, but the way in which the group gets together would make each time unique.

Quote:
Ugh... Why not act like someone will more class... like Hitler maybe?
Would it only weaken my case to say my favorite player of all time is Lindros?
Old 06-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #34
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NHL 11 Hands-On E3 Impressions (IGN)

the game sounds like it is going to be awesome they added alot more than i could have imagined they would. i will be buying this one for sure
Old 06-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #35
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
I don't recall seeing anywhere that you would be required to use them? I would think a user controlled celebration would be very applicable on a game winning goal. I'm going to quote the movie 'Stripes' now...."Lighten up, Francis."
This.

This is all the review really said about the celebrations...

'The one I saw was essentially a guy sliding face-first down on the ice, hands outstretched. I was told there were plenty more to be had, but that's all I saw in my short demo at E3.'

When you get the game, find the ones you like and use those...if you see someone online do something you find over the top, go and find him after the whistle.

But, above all, stop whining like little girls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 17
Re: IGN Hands-On (E3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama83
Would it only weaken my case to say my favorite player of all time is Lindros?
Ha.. only slightly.

I hate Philly*, so there is obviously some tension there to start with, but I still recall how great the Lindros-Renberg-Recchi line was and I appreciate skill so that gives him some more points.

Plus he did come to my Rangers for a while.

And I do have a soft spot in my heart for all athletes who had their careers cut short.

Ehh. Lindros wasnt such a bad guy...

But Pronger? I dont know if you have kids, but any father who saw what he did with the pucks during the finals should use that opportunity to illustrate how you dont disrespect the sport or opponent like that. My kid is only a year old (in 4 days actually) and when he is old enough to play sports, I will personally suspend him from playing for pulling anything like that.

To use the national stage like that to display such lack of class was a black eye on the sport.

Oddly (or maybe not so), this comes back to the celebrations... you dont show up the other team... I dont think it is too hard to find that balance of celebrating without showing up the other team.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:00 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
When you get the game, find the ones you like and use those...if you see someone online do something you find over the top, go and find him after the whistle.
Oh, real intimidating. My digital creation beat up your digital creation. That'll be sure to teach him a lesson.

Quote:
But, above all, stop whining like little girls.
I've got a better idea - How about you quit with the sexist remarks that are completely unneeded?

If that's all you have to add to the discussion the log out button is at the top left. I'd draw you a map, but I'll assume you have the skills to find it.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #38
Rookie

I just thought of the PERFECT solution...

CUSTOM FIVE MAN HUGS!

Well, I never thought I would ever type (or say) that!

Think about it.. You score, the team comes over, you can choose to do your celebrating on the boards, behind the net or skate up back toward the bench before finally hugging, then you control whether you pat the heads of the guys or just hug as well as other minor things...

The sad part is I am only half-kidding.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:03 PM   #39
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

What exactly is going on here today? Everyone needs to cool down and not get so worked up over speculation. Above all, the snarky jabs at each other need to stop.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #40
Rookie

I feel like Qb put his warning to be nice in the wrong thread... lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »