Home

NHL 11 Hands-On E3 Impressions (IGN)

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Hands-On E3 Impressions (IGN) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL 11 Hands-On E3 Impressions (IGN)

I don't mind user-controlled celebrations. Someone here already said the previous ones were terrible and I couldn't agree more.

Just as long as the CPU isn't doing a superman-dive after scoring a goal in the 1st period of Game 1 of the regular season, I'll be cool with it.

But if he does, at least we have post-whistle controls at our command. Dale Hunter anyone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: IGN Hands-On (E3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
Over-the-top celebrations have no place in a "sim" game IMO. Hopefully this type of "addition" didn't take time away from the attention the CPU AI drastically needs.
Agreed. They should have just taken common celebrations from the real NHL and used those.

If the custom celebrations are like the old ones I'm going to really hate it.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:07 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 47

It will suck to see some of those over the top ones that the CPU will do. I hate that about the other hockey game. I hope you can turn this off and just have the CPU do a five player hug and then hand shakes on the bench. That is all I want, so I hope they have that this year.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #44
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
They should have just taken common celebrations from the real NHL and used those.
Yep, I agree.

I guess I'm just not a "over the top" kinda guy.

But I know I have to share the game with those that might be. So I guess I can deal with it if must be. I play about 90% of my games in GM mode...so I'm hoping a quick hit of the "A" button will nix any complete foolishness.

But like others have kinda said...I sure hope they spend more time on the AI, than this kind of stuff.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #45
Pro

Lubey's Arena

OVR: 10

If you don't like huge celebrations, don't use them. FIFA has them and it doesn't ruin the game. They wouldn't have added them if no one wanted them. If they made a game designed for the super sim crowd they wouldn't make as much money as they are appealing to a broader crowd. It's just how it is.

It'll be like the ******** equipment from last year. Annoying? Yes. Game ruining? Absolutely not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 09:15 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Yep, I agree.

I guess I'm just not a "over the top" kinda guy.

But I know I have to share the game with those that might be. So I guess I can deal with it if must be. I play about 90% of my games in GM mode...so I'm hoping a quick hit of the "A" button will nix any complete foolishness.

But like others have kinda said...I sure hope they spend more time on the AI, than this kind of stuff.
Yea most of my games are offline so as long as one of the buttons is for a group hug, a board jump, fist pump, I'm fine. Just don't make them all completely ridiculous:

Anyone remember NHL2002 (I think) that had custom celebrations? They were all completely ridiculous. I don't want tht.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #47
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

Hopefully I can trigger a celebration with the opposing goalie joining us after we score on him, I mean I want it to be as sim as possible like nhl'10 was.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:53 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 0

I agree with bama. I guess to each their own, but I would like EA to get the concept of hockey down first , get the AI working smartly and then deal with the flashy stuff later. There are plenty of issues with AI and with GM logic that they can focus on. It would be great if the AI didn't cycle the puck like Chihuahuas on crack , or if i could actually take the puck away from the AI or bump them off the puck without them taking it right back 1 nanosecond after, and how about GM mode fixing the trade and free agent logic? Oh and the bug where if you switch to your AHL team, play a game, save your game in the AHL screen and then never be able to go back to your NHL team....... nah that doesn't need to get fixed right? NO NO i'm not bitter about that at all since I only played every game in the entire GM season and into the playoffs and then woops ALL GONE!

When I see that fact sheet they have I cringe when i see broken sticks as a major bulletized feature. I realize sticks break, but is it really that big of a deal to put it as a major feature WOW BROKEN STICKS! its just odd to me. And after broken sticks NHL 11's new patented keep your player hydrated feature!!!! Now control how much water your player drinks, make sure they don't feel thirsty!!! And Dont forget to gas up the zamboni either!

Last edited by slapdinger69; 06-16-2010 at 10:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »